Course Start Date
3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The course is based on the nationally endorsed Property Services Training
Package (CPP07) Diploma qualification covering the Real Estate industry sector,
and is for people who want to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to operate
and manage a real estate/property agency business. You will learn about selling,
marketing, leasing and managing property, and managing the physical, human and
financial resources of a real estate agency.
You will also acquire the knowledge and skills that underpin the fundamental
concepts relating to property and business law, urban and regional planning
considerations, business/organisational risk management, appraising property
including building concepts and requirements.
You will also learn and acquire the competencies applicable to client, financial
and human resource management of a small business enterprise.
The knowledge and skills that underpin the competencies you will acquire may be
applicable across a range of residential, commercial and industrial property
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a part time evening Face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 3 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 12 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 1 hour of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment work and research (independent study, research, practice and assignments).
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
This course is designed for people who want to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to operate and manage a real estate/property agency business and who have already satisfied the requirements of Certificate IV Property Services (Real Estate) - CPP40307.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
The fee reflects that this is a gap program for the Diploma (Agency Services). Students will only be required to demonstrate competency in 3 units.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|CPPDSM4006A||Establish and manage agency trust accounts|
|CPPDSM4007A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4008A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4009B||Interpret legislation to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4015B||Minimise agency and consumer risk|
|CPPDSM4080A||Work in the real estate industry|
|BSBHRM402A||Recruit, select and induct staff|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBRKG304||Maintain business records|
|BSBSMB406||Manage small business finances|
|CPPDSM4005A||Establish and build client-agency relationships|
|CPPDSM4011A||List property for lease|
|CPPDSM4012A||List property for sale|
|CPPDSM4013A||Market property for lease|
|CPPDSM4014A||Market property for sale|
|CPPDSM4016A||Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement|
|CPPDSM4017A||Negotiate effectively in property transactions|
|CPPDSM4019A||Prepare for auction and complete sale|
|CPPDSM4020A||Present at tribunals|
|CPPDSM4022A||Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty|
|CPPDSM4049A||Implement maintenance plan for managed properties|
|CPPDSM4056A||Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry|
Manager/licenced real estate agent/broker, agency manager, property auctioneer,
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
154 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure