Part Time Day
Course Start Date
19 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The course is based on the nationally endorsed Property Services Training Package (CPP07) Diploma qualification covering the Real Estate industry sector, and is for people who want to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to operate and manage a real estate/property agency business. You will learn about selling, marketing, leasing and managing property, and managing the physical, human and financial resources of a real estate agency.
You will also acquire the knowledge and skills that underpin the fundamental concepts relating to property and business law, urban and regional planning considerations, business/organisational risk management, appraising property including building concepts and requirements.
You will also learn and acquire the competencies applicable to client, financial and human resource management of a small business enterprise.
The knowledge and skills that underpin the competencies you will acquire may be applicable across a range of residential, commercial and industrial property types.
This course is superseded by PRD50101. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Monday, 9 December 2019 Time: 10 am to 11:30 am OR 6 pm to 7 pm Location: Kingswood College, 12-44 O'Connell Road, Gate 2 Entrance, Building N, 1st Floor, Room N1.20 Or Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020 Time: 11:30 am to 1 pm OR 6 pm to 7 pm Location: Kingswood College, 12-44 O'Connell Road, Gate 2 Entrance, Building N, 1st Floor, Room N1.20
This is a Part Time Day Face to Face course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 14 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 1.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have completed the Certificate IV in Property Services and seeking skills and knowledge to oeprate or manage their own agency as the Licensee in chage.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Tutorial/Learning support available in the Learning Centre (to assist with study skills), Library Resources, Career Advise and Counselling Services, Disability Services.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesdays from 9 am to 3 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
The loan cap for this course is $5,264. This means the maximum amount you can borrow for each Unit of Study is $1,755, and you will need to directly pay the remaining $1285 or $1286 for each Unit of Study.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- your own writing materials such as folder (for handouts or notes), calculate, notebook, pens and pencil and USB for storage of learning resources provided via the online Moodle and also work completed by you in class.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|20NEP00555||Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management)-UOS1||19 Feb 2020||10 Apr 2020||06 Apr 2020||$3,040.00|
|20NEP00556||Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management)-UOS2||23 Mar 2020||08 May 2020||04 May 2020||$3,040.00|
|20NEP00557||Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management)-UOS3||27 Apr 2020||03 Jun 2020||01 Jun 2020||$3,040.00|
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
A Unique Student Identifier is required prior to enrolment. To apply for your USI visit www.usi.gov.au If you cannot remember your USI or if you have forgotten you have one, please visit the USI Website for assistance in retrieving your USI.
For further assistance, contact the WSI Service Centre on 131 870 to enrol.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CPPDSM4006A||Establish and manage agency trust accounts|
|CPPDSM4007A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4008A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4009B||Interpret legislation to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4015B||Minimise agency and consumer risk|
|CPPDSM4080A||Work in the real estate industry|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals|
|CPPDSM4005A||Establish and build client-agency relationships|
|CPPDSM4049A||Implement maintenance plan for managed properties|
|CPPDSM4011A||List property for lease|
|CPPDSM4012A||List property for sale|
|BSBRKG304||Maintain business records|
|CPPDSM4056A||Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBSMB406||Manage small business finances|
|CPPDSM4046A||Manage tenancy disputes|
|CPPDSM4013A||Market property for lease|
|CPPDSM4014A||Market property for sale|
|CPPDSM4016A||Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement|
|CPPDSM4017A||Negotiate effectively in property transactions|
|CPPDSM4019A||Prepare for auction and complete sale|
|CPPDSM4020A||Present at tribunals|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBHRM402A||Recruit, select and induct staff|
|CPPDSM4022A||Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty|
Manager/licenced real estate agent/broker, agency manager, property auctioneer,
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Great Western Highway, Kingswood
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure