Course Start Date
6.8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally accredited Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) gives you the skills and knowledge needed to lead and manage a real estate agency in NSW. This qualification also fulfills the educational requirement for a Class 1 Real Estate Licence.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Manage a real estate agency, staff and day-to-day operations
- Establish, manage and control trust accounts, leases or tenancy agreements
- Manage agency finances, budgets and payroll
- Market and promote a real estate agency
- Manage property sales and leasing contracts
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Professional integrity
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills to network, engage with and manage clients and stakeholders
- High attention to detail and great organisation skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Eligibility to apply for a Class 1 Real Estate Licence once you have completed 2 years of work experience
- Know-how to start your own business
Graduate from this Diploma and gain 2 years industry experience to be eligible for:
- Class 1 Licensee in charge real estate licence.
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your studies to the next level:
- Bachelor of Property Valuation with TAFE NSW Degrees
Around 2,550 people are forecast to be employed as real estate agency principals in NSW in 2019/20. This number is expected to grow by 3.5% to 2,640 jobs in 2024/25.
From March 2020, real estate agency principals need to possess a Licensee in Charge (Class 1) licence which requires principals to hold a Diploma qualification (like this one), and take part in annual and continuing professional development.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To register for an information session, head to tafensw.edu.au/infofest. Students who cannot attend the Information Session please make an online enquiry or contact us on 131 601 for more information about the course!
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Monday, 7 December 2020 | 10 am to 11.30 am | Microsoft Teams: https://bit.ly/33NsuEa
Thursday, 10 December 2020 | 6 pm to 7.30 pm | Microsoft Teams: https://bit.ly/32Opqs7
Wednesday, 20 January 2021 | 10.30 am to 11.30 am | Microsoft Teams:https://bit.ly/35WnEqP
Thursday, 21 January 2021 | 5.30 pm to 7 pm | Microsoft Teams: https://bit.ly/2RPlzou
This is a Part Time Evening Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 6.7 hours of class, 2 days a week, for 14 weeks.
You may also be required to complete additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for for learners who have completed the Certificate IV in Property Services and seeking skills and knowledge to oeprate or manage their own agency as the Licensee in chage.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Tutorial/Learning support available in the Learning Centre (to assist with study skills)
- Library Resources
- Career Advise and Counselling Services
- Disability Services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Thursday from 6 pm to 8.30 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
You are required to provide your own writing materials such as folder (for handouts or notes), calculate, notebook, pens and pencil, USBs for storage of your completed assignments and learning resources provided on the TAFE Moodle (online).
You will also require a headset with a microphone and a Webcam to enable you to participate in Connected Learning sessions delivered via Microsoft Teams.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CPPDSM4006A||Establish and manage agency trust accounts|
|CPPDSM4007A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4008A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4009B||Interpret legislation to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4015B||Minimise agency and consumer risk|
|CPPDSM4080A||Work in the real estate industry|
|BSBHRM402A||Recruit, select and induct staff|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBRKG304||Maintain business records|
|BSBSMB406||Manage small business finances|
|CPPDSM4005A||Establish and build client-agency relationships|
|CPPDSM4011A||List property for lease|
|CPPDSM4012A||List property for sale|
|CPPDSM4013A||Market property for lease|
|CPPDSM4014A||Market property for sale|
|CPPDSM4016A||Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement|
|CPPDSM4017A||Negotiate effectively in property transactions|
|CPPDSM4019A||Prepare for auction and complete sale|
|CPPDSM4020A||Present at tribunals|
|CPPDSM4022A||Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty|
|CPPDSM4046A||Manage tenancy disputes|
|CPPDSM4049A||Implement maintenance plan for managed properties|
|CPPDSM4056A||Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry|
Manager/licenced real estate agent/broker, agency manager, property auctioneer,
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Great Western Highway, Kingswood
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure