Course Start Date
26 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Music Industry (Music Business) takes you backstage to discover how the music business works. Gain skills to join the industry in an exciting career with a record company, independent label, music publisher or in band management.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Book gigs and other events
- Work with copyright legislation
- Promote music, performers and musicians
- Identify different music genres
- Navigate the structure of the music industry
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Commitment and drive to build a behind the scenes career in the music industry
- Collaborative teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Great communication and listening skills
- A keen eye for detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Assistant band or artist manager
- Venue operator
- Booking agency assistant
- Promotional assistant
- Event and festival support worker
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Music Industry (Music Business)
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time day, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 16 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 16.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including preparing for gigs, researching trends, listening to music, going to gigs and events and/or participating in a range of independent creative projects.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to work in the creative industries and want some basic knowledge about copyright,, music promotion, online marketing and the scheduling, promotion and staging of gigs and events. Students will be engaged in a combination of online learning for the compulsory theory components of the course and on-campus classes for all practical learning.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available at the Information Sessions. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.30am to 5.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|CUACMP301||Implement copyright arrangements|
|CUAIND303||Work effectively in the music industry|
|CUAMLT302||Apply knowledge of style and genre to music industry practice|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBLIB503||Develop and promote activities, events and public programs|
|CUAADM301||Administer bookings for rehearsals and performances|
|CUAMKG301||Assist with marketing and promotion|
|CUAWRT301||Write content for a range of media|
|SITXEVT304||Provide event staging support|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
266 Maitland Road, Tighes Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure