Course Start Date
26 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Arts Administration builds your skills to land you in your dream job as an arts administrator. This course will take you behind the scenes in art galleries, museums and performing arts centres. Get first-hand experience working on leading artistic and cultural events in Sydney and regional NSW.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work learn:
- Creative presentation skills
- Desktop publishing design skills
- Social media and website skills
- Small business planning
- Marketing and promotion strategies
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that help you get ahead:
- Organisational and planning skills
- Critical and creative problem solving
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
Pursue a career as a:
- Arts marketing and promotions officer
- Arts event promotions officer
- Events coordinator
- Arts administrator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Library and Information Services
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 16 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 16.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including attending exhibitions, markets, and events, reviewing cultural activities, visiting and networking with various arts organisations.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to work in the creative industries
- would like to develop and apply business skills to the creative and cultural industries
- want to learn about people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- would like to develop sound organisational and management skills and facilitate the role of the arts and creative development in the community
Students will be engaged in a combination of online learning and on-campus classes.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday and Thursday, from 9.30am to 5.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBINM401||Implement workplace information system|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|CUAIND403||Communicate effectively with arts professionals|
|BSBCRT402||Collaborate in a creative process|
|BSBLIB503||Develop and promote activities, events and public programs|
|BSBLIB512||Develop and maintain community and stakeholder relationships|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|CHCCDE004||Implement participation and engagement strategies|
|CUAEVP502||Develop and implement exhibition interpretive strategies|
|CUAMKG301||Assist with marketing and promotion|
|ICTWEB201||Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement|
|SITXEVT304||Provide event staging support|
|SITTGDE304||Prepare and present tour commentaries or activities|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
266 Maitland Road, Tighes Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure