Course Start Date
21 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Screen and Media is designed to give you practical sought-after skills in your specialised screen and media area. Learn from experts and put your passion for creativity and storytelling to use in this dynamic and evolving field.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Articulate, present and debate ideas
- Create 3D digital animations and prepare video assets
- Design, apply, maintain and remove make-up
- Develop techniques for presenting to camera
- Write narration and material for current affairs, features and documentaries
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A design mindset with the ability to think critically
- Great communication and storytelling skills
- The ability to take direction
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Assistant producer
- Make-up artist (creative)
- Floor manager (film and television)
- Assistant director
- Digital artist
- Special effects operator
- Lighting supervisor (productions)
- Screen laboratory technician
- Website designer
- Editor (film and television)
- Camera operator
- Media announcer
- Multimedia graphic designer
- Radio producer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma in Screen and Media
- Advanced Diploma in Screen and Media
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 11 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 32 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Will have completed lower level courses in Screen and Media such as the Certificate III in Screen and Media. Alternatively, they will have some experience in industry such as workshops, working on a film set or in an animation studio.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled for 2 days a week. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CUAWHS302||Apply work health and safety practices|
|BSBCRT401||Articulate, present and debate ideas|
|BSBSMB301||Investigate micro business opportunities|
|BSBCRT402||Collaborate in a creative process|
|CUAANM402||Create digital visual effects|
|CUAPOS401||Edit screen content for fast turnaround|
|CUAPOS402||Manage media assets|
|CUALGT301||Operate basic lighting|
|CUASOU410||Record sound on location|
|CUACAM401||Shoot a wide range of screen content|
|CUACAM402||Shoot screen content in a multi-camera environment|
|CUAWRT302||Write simple stories|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Cudgen Road, Kingscliff
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure