Course Start Date
08 Feb 2021
27.6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate the work of self and/or team in the film, television, radio and interactive media industries.
National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work
The National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work applies to persons performing dogging and rigging work. Completion of the following units is required for certification at either basic, intermediate or advanced levels:
CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level
CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging advanced level.
National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work
Sets and staging for some performances or events may fall within the definition of construction work. If so, people entering the construction site are required to complete the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (Australian Safety Compensation Council, May 2007). Achievement of the unit 'CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry' from the CPC08 Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package fulfils this requirement.
To register for an information session, head to tafensw.edu.au/infofest. Students who cannot attend the Information Session please make an online enquiry or contact us on 131 601 for more information about the course!
INFORMATION SESSIONS ONLINE
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 10 November 2020||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/Join-Film-TV-Info-Session|
|Tuesday, 24 November 2020||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/Join-Film-TV-Info-Session|
|Tuesday, 8 December 2020||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/Join-Film-TV-Info-Session|
|Tuesday, 19 January 2021||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/Join-Film-TV-Info-Session|
INFORMATION SESSIONS ON CAMPUS
Come in and see our Film and TV teaching facilities and get advice on your studies and career.
The location is: Randwick Campus, Building B, Level 1, Room B1.41
Dates and Times:
Monday 7 December 2020, 3:00-4:30pm
Monday 18 January 2020, 3:00-4:30pm
This is a full time, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 27.6 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 36 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7.1 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including self-paced study, research and practice at home or on campus to adequately develop and refine your practical projects and assignments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This Diploma is designed for people who have completed the Certificate IV Screen and Media focused on Film and TV Production, or have equivalent knowledge and experience. You will build on your existing skills to become much better at script writing shooting, lighting, shooting, camera work, production, editing, working on a team, as well as the business side of the Film and TV. Upon successful completion, you can progress to Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media focused on Film and TV, and raise your skills to a professional level.
For help please call Customer Service on 131 601, or click the Enquire Now button near the top of this page, and ask for Head Teacher Huseyin Turem.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Equipment borrowing rights are available for Film and TV students.
- Students are given industry exposure through teachers and guest lecturers who have a wealth of film and television experience and field trips.
- Randwick Film and TV supports students career opportunities and will communicate worthwhile job opportunities made available through our industry links.
- Online and blended learning offers additional out of class support for international students and others who benefit from reflective and self-paced learning.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30am to 5:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|21RDW00445||UOS 1-CUA51015-21RDW-001-SSVSL||08 Feb 2021||23 Apr 2021||06 Apr 2021||$1,015.00|
|21RDW00448||UOS 2-CUA51015-21RDW-001-SSVSL||27 Apr 2021||02 Jul 2021||07 Jun 2021||$1,015.00|
|21RDW00451||UOS 3-CUA51015-21RDW-001-SSVSL||05 Jul 2021||17 Sep 2021||02 Aug 2021||$1,015.00|
|21RDW00454||UOS 4-CUA51015-21RDW-001-SSVSL||13 Sep 2021||26 Nov 2021||05 Oct 2021||$1,015.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAIND502||Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
|CUAANM402||Create digital visual effects|
|CUADRT501||Direct rehearsals of performers|
|CUAPOS501||Edit complex screen productions|
|BSBDES501||Implement design solutions|
|CUALGT402||Implement lighting designs|
|CUAPPM508||Manage locations for film and media productions|
|CUACAM501||Shoot material for screen productions under special conditions|
|CUASOU503||Develop sound designs|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Randwick, Main Campus
Corner of Darley Road & King Street, Randwick
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure