Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate the work of self and/or team in the film, television, radio and interactive media industries.
Licensing/Regulatory Information National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work The National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work applies to persons performing dogging and rigging work. Completion of the following units is required for certification at either basic, intermediate or advanced levels: CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging advanced level.
National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work Sets and staging for some performances or events may fall within the definition of construction work. If so, people entering the construction site are required to complete the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (Australian Safety Compensation Council, May 2007). Achievement of the unit 'CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry' from the CPC08 Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package fulfils this requirement.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Wednesday, 27 November 2019 Time: 6.00pm to 7.00pm Location: Gosford Campus, Building J, Ground Level, Room 12 Or Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020 Time: 6.00pm to 7.00pm Location: Gosford Campus, Building J, Ground Level, Room 12
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 17 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 1 year. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 1 hour of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, work experience, research and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- wish to enter the makeup industry, with a focus on film and performance makeup
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Studiosity - online access to a real-life tutor
- Studio Access
- Library Resources
- Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Thursday and Friday, from 8.30am to 4.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Basic Beauty Kit - Kryolan Australia: $1,530.00
- SPFX Kit - Kryolan Australia: $400.00
- Hair - Kryolan Australia: $400.00
You will make these purchases prior to the commencement of the course and the kits will be delivered to Gosford Campus. The kits will be issued to you on the first day of class.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Semester two starts July 2020. Enquire now to be notified when enrolments open.
To find out more information on this course including the next start date, submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page, or call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
*Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read your chosen course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee or Apprentice please call 131 601 for full details.
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
|CUAIND502||Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|CUAMUP503||Design and apply special make-up effects|
|CUASFX401||Create special effects items|
|BSBCRT402||Collaborate in a creative process|
|CUAMUP502||Design and apply specialised make-up|
|CUAIND402||Provide freelance services|
|CUAMUP401||Design, apply and remove make-up|
|CUAMUP402||Maintain make-up and hair continuity|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|CUAMUP403||Style hair for performances or productions|
|CUAMUP404||Style wigs and hairpieces for performances or productions|
|SIHHHDS305A||Select and apply hair extensions|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Corner of Henry Parry Drive & Margin Street, Gosford
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure