Course Start Date
27 Jul 2020
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who combine specialised technical, creative and conceptual skills to plan and realise a body of work in one or more art forms. Mediums may include ceramics, drawing and illustration, painting, photomedia, printmaking, public art, sculpture, textile design, wood design, digital art and glasswork.
Practice at this level is underpinned by application of arts theory and history and the ability to critically analyse and synthesise information from a range of sources. Discourse around complex ideas is also required.
Visual artists may work in their own practice, or in a wide range of contexts across the arts, government, community or commercial organisations.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 20 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 36 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including research, private study, preparation, and documentation through photography.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are interested in Visual Arts
- wish to gain skills and knowledge that may apply across a range of fine art disciplines and industry areas
- have realised a creative project and wish to extend their skills to a professional level, that will allow them to work in the industry
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9.00am to 4.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- you may need to purchase some additional materials for your artworks if you exceed the basic materials supplied
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|20HUN00164||UOS 1 - CUA51115||27 Jul 2020||16 Oct 2020||07 Sep 2020||$2,586.00|
|20HUN00165||UOS 2 - CUA51115||19 Oct 2020||08 Jan 2021||07 Dec 2020||$2,586.00|
|21HUN00016||UOS 3 - CUA51115||11 Jan 2021||02 Apr 2021||01 Feb 2021||$2,586.00|
|21HUN00015||UOS 4 - CUA51115||06 Apr 2021||25 Jun 2021||03 May 2021||$2,584.00|
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CUAACD501||Refine drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUAPPR501||Realise a body of creative work|
|CUAPPR502||Develop own sustainable professional practice|
|CUAPPR503||Present a body of own creative work|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUARES503||Analyse cultural history and theory|
|BSBSMB403||Market the small business|
|CUAACD502||Create observational drawings|
|CUAPAI501||Refine painting techniques|
|CUAPAI502||Investigate painting materials and processes|
|CUAPRI501||Refine printmaking techniques|
|CUAPRI502||Investigate printmaking materials and processes|
|CUARES502||Critique cultural works|
|CUASCU501||Refine sculptural techniques|
|CUASCU502||Investigate sculptural materials and processes|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
590-608 Hunter Street, Newcastle West
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure