Course Start Date
16 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who combine specialised technical, creative and conceptual skills to plan and realise a body of work in one or more art forms. Mediums may include ceramics, drawing and illustration, painting, photomedia, printmaking, public art, sculpture, textile design, wood design, digital art and glasswork.
Practice at this level is underpinned by application of arts theory and history and the ability to critically analyse and synthesise information from a range of sources. Discourse around complex ideas is also required.
Visual artists may work in their own practice, or in a wide range of contexts across the arts, government, community or commercial organisations.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
This is a part time face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 16 hours of class, over 3 days a week 1 years.
You may also be required to complete approximately 22 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including personal art practice, research on artists and art history, visiting art galleries and museums, plus reading texts and website research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is designed for people who have the technical and organisational skills to conceptualise and create works in selected medium. Those skills and knowledge may have been acquired through experience in creative practice or through formal study.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.30am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
"PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
You will be required to purchase art materials for this course.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Semester two starts July 2020. Enquire now to be notified when enrolments open.
To find out more information on this course including the next start date, submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page, or call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
*Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read your chosen course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee or Apprentice please call 131 601 for full details.
|CUAPPR501||Realise a body of creative work|
|CUAPPR502||Develop own sustainable professional practice|
|CUAPPR503||Present a body of own creative work|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUARES503||Analyse cultural history and theory|
|CUAACD501||Refine drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUAPAI501||Refine painting techniques|
|CUAIND502||Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge|
|CUAPRI502||Investigate printmaking materials and processes|
|CUARES502||Critique cultural works|
|CUAPAI502||Investigate painting materials and processes|
|CUAACD513||Make mixed media artworks|
|CUAPRI501||Refine printmaking techniques|
|CUASCU501||Refine sculptural techniques|
|CUASCU502||Investigate sculptural materials and processes|
|CUAEVP403||Install and dismantle exhibition elements|
|CUADRA502||Investigate drawing materials and processes|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
See Street, Meadowbank
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure