Course Start Date
05 Aug 2020
19 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who combine specialised technical, creative and conceptual skills to plan and realise a body of work in one or more art forms. Mediums may include ceramics, drawing and illustration, painting, photomedia, printmaking, public art, sculpture, textile design, wood design, digital art and glasswork.
Practice at this level is underpinned by application of arts theory and history and the ability to critically analyse and synthesise information from a range of sources. Discourse around complex ideas is also required.
Visual artists may work in their own practice, or in a wide range of contexts across the arts, government, community or commercial organisations.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
This is a Full Time, Face to Face course. You will need to attend approximately 19 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 34 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 12 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including In addition to structured classes, you will need to engage in self-paced study, research and practice at home or on campus to adequately develop and refine your practical projects and assignments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- This course is designed for people who have completed the Certificate III in Design Fundamentals in Visual Art, or have equivalent relevant experience. You will build greater skills and knowledge in creating and upskilling in your chosen area of Visual Art
If you have little or no experience in Visual Art, you should consider the Certificate III in Design Fundamentals, Visual Art with a focus on drawing, painting and sculpture.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Additional studio access is available on request and can be negotiated with your class teacher.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:30am to 4:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Additional costs and materials required to successfully complete this course may include purchase of art materials. These may cost approximately $200.00 - $500.00 for the year, for materials, field trips and visits, safety equipment and/or toolkits and general resources.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|20SGR01477||UOS 1-CUA51115-20SGR-301-VSL||05 Aug 2020||23 Oct 2020||07 Sep 2020||$2,586.00|
|20SGR01478||UOS 2-CUA51115-20SGR-301-VSL||26 Oct 2020||08 Jan 2021||07 Dec 2020||$2,586.00|
|21SGR00252||UOS 3-CUA51115-20SGR-301-VSL||11 Jan 2021||02 Apr 2021||01 Feb 2021||$2,586.00|
|21SGR00253||UOS 4-CUA51115-20SGR-301-VSL||29 Mar 2021||18 Jun 2021||03 May 2021||$2,584.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CUARES503||Analyse cultural history and theory|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAPPR503||Present a body of own creative work|
|CUAPPR502||Develop own sustainable professional practice|
|CUAPPR501||Realise a body of creative work|
|CUAACD501||Refine drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUASCU502||Investigate sculptural materials and processes|
|CUAPRI502||Investigate printmaking materials and processes|
|CUAPHI503||Explore the descriptive and emotive nature of photo lighting|
|CUAPAI502||Investigate painting materials and processes|
|CUAPAI501||Refine painting techniques|
|CUAIND502||Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge|
|CUAEVP403||Install and dismantle exhibition elements|
|CUADRA502||Investigate drawing materials and processes|
|CUAACD513||Make mixed media artworks|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
St George, Main Campus
Corner Princes Highway & President Avenue, Kogarah
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure