Course Start Date
18.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Live Production and Management Services develops the practical skills you need to work as a live art director, costumer designer or set designer. Youll turn your passion for visual production into a rewarding career in the creative arts industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Develop and manage creative projects from conception to realisation
- Collaborate with a team of like-minded colleagues
- Create digital art and costumes
- Manage event pre-production
- Understand concepts of creativity
- Work within arts industry safety standards
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Spatial awareness and coordination
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management and initiative
- Effective communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Art director
- Production designer
- Set designer
- Props maker
- Costumer designer
- Assistant director
- Assistant producer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Live Production and Technical services
- Diploma of Live Production and Services
- Advanced Diploma of Live Production and Management services (Industry Portfolio)
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
'To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||6:00pm to 8:00pm||Design Centre Enmore, Bldg G, Level G, Room 10|
This is a full time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 18.5 hours of class, over 3 to 4 days a week, for 36 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 17 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including may include private study, assignment preparation, and research.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Tuesday from 11:00am to 4:00pm and Thursday from 9:00am to 4:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
Additonal resources will be required to successfully complete this course and will cost approximately $190.00 for materials/consumables, subsidising field trips and visits, safety equipment and/or toolkits and general resources.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CUAPPR602||Collaborate in professional creative projects|
|FNSORG501||Develop and manage a budget|
|BSBWHS605||Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems|
|CUAPPM503||Incorporate creative and technical needs into management processes|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|CUAIND601||Work professionally in the creative arts industry|
|CPCCOHS1001A||Work safely in the construction industry|
|CUAACD601||Extend professional expertise with drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUADIG509||Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art|
|BSBDES601||Manage design realisation|
|CUAPPM601||Manage pre-production for shows and events|
|BSBCRT601||Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity|
Stage Manager,Props master,Technical services manager,Facilities Manager (Theatre and Cinema),Box Office Manager,Operations manager,Wardrobe supervisor
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Design Centre Enmore
110 Edgeware Road, Enmore
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure