Course Start Date
1.8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Live Production and Management Services develops the practical skills you need to work as a live art director, costumer designer or set designer. Youll turn your passion for visual production into a rewarding career in the creative arts industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Develop and manage creative projects from conception to realisation
- Collaborate with a team of like-minded colleagues
- Create digital art and costumes
- Manage event pre-production
- Understand concepts of creativity
- Work within arts industry safety standards
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Spatial awareness and coordination
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management and initiative
- Effective communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Art director
- Production designer
- Set designer
- Props maker
- Costumer designer
- Assistant director
- Assistant producer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Live Production and Technical services
- Diploma of Live Production and Services
- Advanced Diploma of Live Production and Management services (Industry Portfolio)
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time, workbased course. You will need to complete approximately 1 hour of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 18 weeks. As well as the online component, there is a requirement to do 0.8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3.3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, skills practice, volountary work in related areas, networking and other releated entertainment industry activities.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are experienced industry professionals who are seeking recognition of the skills and knowledge (RPL).
- are employed in live production technical operation and live production management.
This course covers level 5 and level 6 skills in Live Production and Management practice. This is an Advanced Diploma level qualification. This course does not have any tuition related to the course subject matter however there is support for the process of creating a portfolio of evidence of professional practice.
The course has a range of elective options suited to common Live Production professional role. Selection of these electives will be undertaken upon consultation between TAFE staff and student candidates following enrolment.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
As this course is targeted at experienced entertainment industry practitioners it is not anticipated that LLN support will be required, however it is available, should support be required.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 10.00am to 11.00am. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
As this is a portfolio assessed course candidates must have access to computing technology and the internet and must supply all materials and data capabilities to compile a professional portfolio.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBWHS605||Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems|
|CPCCOHS1001A||Work safely in the construction industry|
|CUAIND601||Work professionally in the creative arts industry|
|CUAPPM503||Incorporate creative and technical needs into management processes|
|CUAPPR602||Collaborate in professional creative projects|
|FNSORG501||Develop and manage a budget|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|CUALGT501||Realise lighting designs|
|CUALGT502||Manage installation of lighting systems|
|CUALGT503||Manage lighting operations for outdoor events|
|CUAPPM601||Manage pre-production for shows and events|
|CUASOU501||Manage audio operations for outdoor events|
|CUASOU502||Manage the operation of stage monitor systems|
|CUASOU506||Create a final sound balance|
|CUAVSS501||Design vision systems|
|CUAVSS502||Implement vision system designs|
Stage Manager,Props master,Technical services manager,Facilities Manager (Theatre and Cinema),Box Office Manager,Operations manager,Wardrobe supervisor
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Eastern Road, Quakers Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure