Course Start Date
16 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design is a deep dive into the world of visual communication that enables you to leave your creative mark. Tailor your career to specialise in print media, advertising, corporate branding, digital design or commercial illustration.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Develop hand drawing and illustration skills
- Perform 3D design and construction
- Use digital design and illustration techniques
- Understand and effectively use typography
- Work with industry software
- Form sustainable design practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for innovation in visual communication
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to negotiate and refine complex briefs
- Collaborative skills to work in a team and with clients
- Interest in the business side of a graphic design company
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- An accredited qualification at Advanced Diploma level
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Graphic designer
- Content creator
- Social media designer
- Film or TV designer
- Art director
- Theatre, set or prop designer
- Studio manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your design capabilities with the:
- Bachelor of 3D Art and Animation with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Creative Practice with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||6:00pm to 8:00pm||Design Centre Enmore, Bldg G, Level G, Room 10.|
This is a full time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 16 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 36 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including independent study, research, practice and assignments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
Have completed one or a combination of the following:
Diploma of Graphic Design - Illustration CUA50715
Degrees of parts thereof in Visual Arts
Diplomas & Advanced Diplomas in other design disciplines (ie Graphic Design, Fashion, Industrial, Interior).
Experience in the workplace for example: as a graphic Designer or practising artist.
In exceptional circumstances learners that have excelled in Design & Technology and/or Visual Arts at high school and/or design and construction for school theatrical productions.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
Accessibility and Disability Services
International Student Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at https://www.tafensw.edu.au/student-services.
Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled Tuesday from 9:00am to 5:00pm and and Thursday from 10:00am to 5:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
Additonal resources will be required to successfully complete this course and will cost approximately $190.00 for materials/consumables, subsidising field trips and visits, safety equipment and/or toolkits and general resources.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBDES502||Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief|
|BSBDES601||Manage design realisation|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|CUAGRD601||Engage in the business of graphic design|
|CUAGRD602||Originate graphic designs for complex briefs|
|CUAGRD603||Extend typographic design expertise|
|CUAPPR504||Establish and maintain environmentally sustainable creative practice|
|BSBIPR501||Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business|
|CUAACD601||Extend professional expertise with drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUADIG403||Create user interfaces|
|CUADIG502||Design digital applications|
|CUAGRD604||Develop and execute advertising concepts|
|CUAILL501||Develop professional illustrations|
|CUAILL502||Refine illustration techniques|
|CUAPPR604||Publicly present a body of own creative work|
Illustration, Design for Television, Design for Film, Art Direction, Theatre Design, Set Design, Costume Design, Props, Puppetry, SFX Make-up, Prosthetics, Entertainment Design, Event Design
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Design Centre Enmore
110 Edgeware Road, Enmore
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure