Course Start Date
15 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design is a deep dive into the world of visual communication that enables you to leave your creative mark. Tailor your career to specialise in print media, advertising, corporate branding, digital design or commercial illustration.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Develop hand drawing and illustration skills
- Perform 3D design and construction
- Use digital design and illustration techniques
- Understand and effectively use typography
- Work with industry software
- Form sustainable design practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for innovation in visual communication
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to negotiate and refine complex briefs
- Collaborative skills to work in a team and with clients
- Interest in the business side of a graphic design company
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- An accredited qualification at Advanced Diploma level
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Graphic designer
- Content creator
- Social media designer
- Film or TV designer
- Art director
- Theatre, set or prop designer
- Studio manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your design capabilities with the:
- Bachelor of 3D Art and Animation with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Creative Practice with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||6:00pm to 8:00pm||Join Information Session Here|
This is a full time, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 15 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 34 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including independent study, research, practice and assignments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
The majority of Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design students will have completed the Diploma of Graphic Design or have equivalent educational or workplace experience.
Ages and life experience vary considerably but all students have previous design or design education experience. This course is also a pathway to higher education graphic design courses at a number of universities.
The student cohort builds on skills gained in Diploma of Graphic Design. Studios and projects reflect the workplace roles of graphic designers who have a command of wide-ranging, specialised technical, creative and conceptual skills and knowledge in visual communication.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
Accessibility and Disability Services
International Student Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at https://www.tafensw.edu.au/student-services.
Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:30am to 4:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
Computers and access to industry software are provided for those classes where you are learning technical skills. It is recommended that you have your own laptop with industry standard software. Some materials and resources for printing and producing project work are provided onsite. There is no materials fee for this course. You may need to purchase your own additional materials and resources for project work.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CUAGRD601||Engage in the business of graphic design|
|CUAPPR504||Establish and maintain environmentally sustainable creative practice|
|BSBDES502||Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief|
|CUAGRD603||Extend typographic design expertise|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBDES601||Manage design realisation|
|CUAGRD602||Originate graphic designs for complex briefs|
|CUADIG502||Design digital applications|
|CUAGRD606||Develop graphic designs for packaging|
|CUADIG509||Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art|
|CUAACD506||Refine 2-D design ideas and processes|
|CUAGRD607||Develop graphic designs for branding and identity|
|CUAPPR604||Publicly present a body of own creative work|
|CUADIG508||Refine digital art techniques|
|ICTWEB505||Develop complex web page layouts|
Illustration, Design for Television, Design for Film, Art Direction, Theatre Design, Set Design, Costume Design, Props, Puppetry, SFX Make-up, Prosthetics, Entertainment Design, Event Design
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Design Centre Enmore
110 Edgeware Road, Enmore
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure