Course Start Date
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design is a deep dive into the world of visual communication. Strengthen your creative expertise and tailor your skills to specialise in print media, advertising, corporate branding or digital design.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Collaborate and work with industry mentors
- Use advanced creative thinking and strategy techniques
- Use digital design techniques
- Develop an in-depth understanding of typography
- Work with industry software including user experience (UX)/user interface (UI) and motion graphics
- Develop sustainable design and business practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for exploring innovation in visual communication, advertising, publishing, digital and 3D design
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to follow briefs
- The ability to solve problems in complex briefs
- Strong collaborative skills to work in a team and with clients
- A willingness to take professional feedback
- Unique design ideas
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- An accredited qualification at Advanced Diploma level
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Graphic designer
- Brand designer
- Digital designer
- Junior art director
- Art assistant
- Social media designer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your design capabilities with the:
- Bachelor of Creative Practice with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time, on campus course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 34 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
Computers and access to industry software are provided for those classes where you are learning technical skills. It is recommended that you have your own laptop with industry standard software. Some materials and resources for printing and producing project work are provided onsite. There is no materials fee for this course. You may need to purchase your own additional materials and resources for project work.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CUADES512||Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief|
|CUADES611||Manage design realisation|
|CUAGRD603||Extend typographic design expertise|
|CUAGRD611||Engage in the business of graphic design|
|CUAGRD612||Originate graphic designs for complex briefs|
|CUAPPR612||Collaborate in professional creative projects|
|CUAACD536||Refine 2-D design ideas and processes|
|CUADIG512||Design digital applications|
|CUADIG518||Refine digital art techniques|
|CUADIG519||Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art|
|CUAGRD616||Develop graphic designs for packaging|
|CUAGRD617||Develop graphic designs for branding and identity|
|CUAPPR514||Establish and maintain environmentally sustainable creative practice|
|CUAPPR614||Publicly present a body of own creative work|
|CUAPPR615||Evolve ideas for professional creative work|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure