Course Start Date
18 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Creative Product Development will take your creative practice to the next level. Get ready for a career as a digital artist and produce artworks for a range of digital media including feature film, TV, advertising, virtual reality and games.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Strengthen your professional practice with emerging trends and technologies
- Plan and manage design requirements
- Design innovative products
- Manage copyright arrangements
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- The ability to produce creative concepts to deadlines
- The ability to adapt to change
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Experience collaborating in a team
- The ability to produce creative concepts to deadlines
- Digital artist working in film, TV, advertising, virtual reality and game industries
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of 3D Art and Animation with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Creative Practice with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 27 October 2020||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/3D-Art-Animation-Sydney-Info|
|Tuesday, 10 November 2020||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/3D-Art-Animation-Sydney-Info|
|Tuesday, 24 November 2020||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/3D-Art-Animation-Sydney-Info|
|Tuesday, 8 December 2020||6:30pm to 7:30pm||https://tafensw.info/3D-Art-Animation-Sydney-Info|
FREE SAMPLE CLASS in CONCEPT ART
Come in and try a free class to gain some useful skills, see how much you enjoy this topic, and learn about career paths.
See the details at www.tafensw.info/3D-Art-Animation-Sydney-Info
This is a full time, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 18 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 32 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 12 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is for people interested in further developing their knowledge, artistic and digital skills in the area of concept and production art for the digital media entertainment industries such as Feature Film, TV, Digital Games, Advertising and Visualisation.
Learners will already have developed a good ability and passion for visual arts, as evidenced by submitting a portfolio of drawings and creative work that demonstrate their artistic ability.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
The course includes face-to-face training in traditional and digital drawing, painting for concept art, storyboarding, character and environment design, matte painting and digital sculpting. Learning is supported by readings and video tutorials in our online Moodle.
In addition to common core subjects, you can specialise in either 2D digital concept art or 3D digital concept art, depending on which group of specialist electives you choose.
The 2D electives focus on drawing and painting skills (both traditional and digital) and are an excellent choice for students who are artistically minded with good drawing skills, looking to develop more specialised skills and knowledge to become a digital 2D artist for feature films, TV and games. Stronger portfolios for applicants interested in these 2D electives usually include drawings, sketches or paintings of real-world objects, people and places.
The 3D electives focus on digital 3D modelling, texturing, and games artistry skills and are an excellent choice for students who are technically minded and comfortable using visual art and design software and who are looking to develop specialised skills to become a 3D artist for feature films, TV games and virtual reality. Stronger portfolios for applicants interested in these 3D electives usually include digital paintings and designs and any real-word or digital 3D creative work.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday 9:00am to1:00pm, Tuesday 9:00am to 6:00pm and Wednesday 9:00am to 5:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CUADES601||Design innovative products|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|CUAIND502||Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge|
|CUACMP501||Manage copyright arrangements|
|CUAPPR602||Collaborate in professional creative projects|
|CUAPPR605||Evolve ideas for professional creative work|
|CUAPPR606||Extend expertise in a specialised art form to professional level|
|CUAACD602||Extend professional expertise across new art forms and media|
|CUAACD601||Extend professional expertise with drawing and other visual representation tools|
|BSBDES501||Implement design solutions|
|CUAPPR601||Originate a body of independent creative work|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
|CUAPPR503||Present a body of own creative work|
|CUADIG508||Refine digital art techniques|
|CUAACD501||Refine drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUAACD505||Work with the human form in creative practice|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Design Centre Enmore
110 Edgeware Road, Enmore
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure