Course Start Date
22 Jul 2021
16 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Advanced Diploma of Music Industry (Sound Production) is designed to enhance your professional music knowledge and freelance business practice in this growing global industry. Focus on audio engineering or electronic music production as you launch your music career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Edit and mix audio
- Perform and produce studio recording
- Utilise audio theory and signal path
- Create and arrange music using music software
- Manage freelance clients and business
- Work within copyright arrangements
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Creativity and critical-thinking skills
- Teamwork skills and a collaborative spirit
- Time management and initiative
- Dedication to improving through individual practice and teamwork
- A commitment to the craft of performance, music and composition
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Advanced Diploma level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Mix engineer
- Music creator
- Music producer
- Post-production editor
- Sound designer
- Sound engineer
GROW YOUR CAREER
The Advanced Diploma of Music Industry (Sound Production) is the highest level music qualification at TAFE NSW. You will be industry ready when you graduate from this hands-on course.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 15 June 2021||6:00pm to 8:00pm||Join Information Session|
|Tuesday, 22 June 2021||1:30pm to 3:30pm OR 6:00pm to 8:00pm||Join Information Session|
|Tuesday, 13 July 2021||6:00pm to 8:00pm||Join Information Session|
|Tuesday, 20 July 2021||6:00pm to 8:00pm||Join Information Session|
This is a full time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 16 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 33 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 11.8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 10.4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including study, practice, production, assignment preparation, and industry events.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Do you want to get stronger and faster at producing electronic music in any style you like whilst mastering the higher functions of Ableton Live? You will drastically increase your skills, knowledge and experience at producing music, writing songs, composing, DJ'ing, creating finished professional recordings, releasing them, making a music video, and more. TAFE NSW Ultimo Music is an Ableton Certified Training Center with two staff who are Ableton Certified Trainers.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
The Music section at Ultimo Campus has numerous Apple Mac computers, rehearsal rooms, pianos, guitars & drumkits. These facilities can be booked to use by enrolled students.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday from 9:30am to 12:30pm and Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 4:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Additional costs and materials required to successfully complete this course possibly include the use of gear outside of class hours, and computer or iPad to write and record music.
Ableton Live is useful for your studies and available for a reduced price as a student. You will have access to computers, software and gear during classes.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|21ULT03767||UOS 1-CUA60515-21ULT-330-SSVSL||22 Jul 2021||08 Oct 2021||06 Sep 2021||$965.00|
|21ULT03770||UOS 2-CUA60515-21ULT-330-SSVSL||11 Oct 2021||31 Dec 2021||01 Nov 2021||$965.00|
|22ULT00636||UOS 3-CUA60515-21ULT-330-SSVSL||04 Jan 2022||25 Mar 2022||07 Feb 2022||$965.00|
|22ULT00639||UOS 4-CUA60515-21ULT-330-SSVSL||28 Mar 2022||17 Jun 2022||02 May 2022||$965.00|
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAPPR603||Engage in the business of creative practice|
|CUAMLT502||Apply concepts of music and society to professional practice|
|BSBIPR501||Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business|
|CUASOU503||Develop sound designs|
|CUASOU507||Compile music for soundtracks|
|BSBCRT402||Collaborate in a creative process|
|BSBCRT601||Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity|
|CUAMPF601||Present a music performance|
|CUAPPM604||Plan and manage film and media post-production|
|CUASOU602||Manage production of sound recordings|
|CUASOU601||Manage production of sound designs|
|CUAMPF502||Incorporate interactive technology into performance|
|CUAMCP602||Extend techniques for composing music|
|CUAMCP601||Extend techniques for arranging music|
Music Conductor,Vocalist/Singer,Music Producer,Music Distributor,Music Arranger,Sound Designer,Musicologist,Music Business Manager,Conductor,Music Researcher
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure