Course Start Date
03 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who analyse, design and execute judgements using wide-ranging technical, creative, conceptual or managerial competencies in the film, television, radio and interactive media industries. Their knowledge base may be specialised or broad. These individuals are often accountable for group outcomes.
Licensing/Regulatory Information No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 8 hours of class, for 1 day a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 13 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, work experience and research and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who have completed the Diploma in Screen and Media. The Diploma Screen and Media contains content that is fundamental to the continued advancement of these qualifications. The Diploma engenders advanced skills in quality video capture and edit, as well as use of equipment and the ability to articulate ideas.
To ensure you have the prerequisite understandings you will be interviewed. The interview will also provide a mechanism to screen for language and literacy in order to offer assistance, if required.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Studiosity - online access to a real-life tutor
- Studio Access
- Library resources
- Lynda.com and LinkedIn Learning
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 9.00am to 5.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
To be eligible for a VET Student Loan, you will need to be assessed as academically suitable to undertake high level VET study. You will need to provide:
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
If you intend to apply for a VET Student Loan, its important you know your student obligations.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|20HUN00088||UOS 1 - CUA60615||03 Feb 2020||09 Apr 2020||02 Mar 2020||$965.00|
|20HUN00093||UOS 2 - CUA60615||27 Apr 2020||19 Jun 2020||01 Jun 2020||$965.00|
|20HUN00096||UOS 3 - CUA60615||20 Jul 2020||25 Sep 2020||03 Aug 2020||$965.00|
|20HUN00099||UOS 4 - CUA60615||12 Oct 2020||04 Dec 2020||02 Nov 2020||$965.00|
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CUAPPR603||Engage in the business of creative practice|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAPPR605||Evolve ideas for professional creative work|
|CUADRT602||Audition and select performers|
|CUAWRT502||Develop storylines and treatments|
|CUADRT604||Devise camera coverage|
|CUACAM601||Direct cinematography for screen productions|
|CUADRT501||Direct rehearsals of performers|
|CUADRT603||Direct screen production crews|
|CUADRT601||Establish the creative vision for screen productions|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|CUAPPM603||Plan and manage film and media pre-production|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
590-608 Hunter Street, Newcastle West
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure