Course Start Date
28 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who analyse, design and execute judgements using wide-ranging technical, creative, conceptual or managerial competencies in the film, television, radio and interactive media industries. Their knowledge base may be specialised or broad. These individuals are often accountable for group outcomes.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday 22 July 2020||6.00pm to 7.00pm||Information Session|
|Wednesday 29 July 2020||6.00pm to 7.00pm||Information Session|
This is a full time blended course. You will need to attend approximately 10.5 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 12 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including study, practice, assignment preparation, and industry events. (independent study, research, practice and assignments).
This course is taught face to face on campus, with elements of connected classes online, with live teachers and classmates on interactive webinars. If there are Covid restrictions there might be a larger percentage of online training. Either way, we will ensure you get all the skills, knowledge and experience you are after
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This is our "Incubator" course, for people who have advanced skills and experience at game develop, such as gradutates of our Diploma. Our Game Development courses are hands-on. You will create real, functional games as part of your course. Besides learning how to develop and produce games, you will also learn project management and professional skills related to games. The purpose is to help you create a more professional level of game that you can pitch to industry. Upon successful completion you may gain employment or progress to university.
FREE SAMPLE CLASS in GAME DEVELOPMENT
Log into our free sample classes to gain skills and knowledge that will help your Game Development career. For the link please email us at SydneyCDIDigitalInteractiveGamesDev@tafensw.edu.au
Be sure to put them in your calendar: Wednesday 29 July at 10:00am to 1:00pm
For help please call Customer Service on 131 601.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday from 9:30am to 4:30pm, and Tuesday from 9:30am to 12:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to have an internet connection and an internet device (phone/computer) to participate in the classes. You will need to have access to a Computer (Mac or Windows) with Ableton Live installed.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
|CUAPPR603||Engage in the business of creative practice|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAPPR605||Evolve ideas for professional creative work|
|CUAANM402||Create digital visual effects|
|CUADIG403||Create user interfaces|
|CUAANM503||Design animation and digital visual effects|
|BSBADV602||Develop an advertising campaign|
|CUASOU503||Develop sound designs|
|CUAWRT502||Develop storylines and treatments|
|CUACAM601||Direct cinematography for screen productions|
|CUASOU505||Implement sound designs|
|ICTGAM517||Produce a digital animation sequence|
|CUAGRD502||Produce graphic designs for 2-D and 3-D applications|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
213 Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure