Course Start Date
14.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts will give you the confidence to express your creative vision. Refine your craft in a supportive, immersive environment and learn highly technical and conceptual skills, engage in critical discourse and explore the ways you can practice as a professional visual artist.
DESIGN YOUR WAY
Express yourself by specialising in:
- Jewellery making
- Photo media
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity
- Extend your professional expertise
- Draw and use visual representation tools
- Publicly present a body of your own creative work
- Extend cultural research expertise
- Establish and maintain safe creative practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Effective communication to present ideas and concepts clearly
- A critical eye, unique design ideas and big picture thinking
- The ability to work collaboratively and also independently
- Adaptability to work on different projects and discover different opportunities
- A continuous improvement mindset
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A developed portfolio
- Skills and knowledge to become a freelance visual artist
- Gallery curator
- Visual arts and crafts professional
- Freelance artist
GROW YOUR CAREER
Master your creativity with the TAFE NSW Bachelor of Creative Practice degree.
The art industry is craving individuals who have the skills and knowledge to confidently and independently work across a variety of art forums, using modern and contemporary approaches.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time blended delivery course. You will need to attend approximately 10 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4.5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3.1 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including face to face tutorials, studio based practice and networking including with external collaborators.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- hold Diploma of Visual Arts (CUA51115)
- Learners transitioning from University (e.g. Creative Production and/or Art & Design programs) to Vocational Training
- learners who are existing practitioners with 3+ years experience in professional arts practice, without a relevant lower level qualification and who satisfy RPL outcomes for elective units
- unemployed people - with a minimum of 3 years of vocational experience - without a relevant lower level qualification who are transitioning to a new career, and who satisfy RPL outcomes for elective units.
The learners will primarily be sourced from the local art community, not to the exclusion of the state, national and international market.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CUAPPR603||Engage in the business of creative practice|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUARES602||Extend cultural research expertise|
|CUAACD601||Extend professional expertise with drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUAPPR601||Originate a body of independent creative work|
|CUAPPR604||Publicly present a body of own creative work|
|BSBCRT601||Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity|
|CUARES502||Critique cultural works|
|CUAACD513||Make mixed media artworks|
|CUAPAI501||Refine painting techniques|
|CUASCU501||Refine sculptural techniques|
|CUAACD505||Work with the human form in creative practice|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Glenreagh Street, Coffs Harbour
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure