Part Time Day
Course Start Date
03 Aug 2020
8.4 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts will give you the confidence to express your creative vision. Refine your craft in a supportive, immersive environment and learn highly technical and conceptual skills, engage in critical discourse and explore the ways you can practice as a professional visual artist.
DESIGN YOUR WAY
Express yourself by specialising in:
- Jewellery making
- Photo media
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity
- Extend your professional expertise
- Draw and use visual representation tools
- Publicly present a body of your own creative work
- Extend cultural research expertise
- Establish and maintain safe creative practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Effective communication to present ideas and concepts clearly
- A critical eye, unique design ideas and big picture thinking
- The ability to work collaboratively and also independently
- Adaptability to work on different projects and discover different opportunities
- A continuous improvement mindset
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A developed portfolio
- Skills and knowledge to become a freelance visual artist
- Gallery curator
- Visual arts and crafts professional
- Freelance artist
GROW YOUR CAREER
Master your creativity with the TAFE NSW Bachelor of Creative Practice degree.
The art industry is craving individuals who have the skills and knowledge to confidently and independently work across a variety of art forums, using modern and contemporary approaches.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
This is a part time day, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 8.4 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for two years. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4.8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours including self-paced study, research and practice at home or on campus to adequately develop and refine your practical projects and assignments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is designed for people who have completed the CUA51115 Diploma in Visual Art, or have equivalent relevant experience. You will build greater skills and knowledge in creating and upskilling in your chosen area of Visual Art. If you have little or no experience in Visual Art, you should first consider CUA30715 Certificate III in Design Fundamentals, Visual Art with a focus on drawing, painting and sculpture.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
Additional studio access is available on request and can be negotiated with your class teacher.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday from 9:30am to 4:30pm, and Thursday from 9:30am to 12:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
Additional costs and materials required to successfully complete this course may include purchase of art materials. These may cost approximately $200.00 - $1000.00 for the year, for materials, field trips and visits, safety equipment and/or toolkits and general resources.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|20SGR01694||UOS 1-CUA60715-20SGR-355-VSL||03 Aug 2020||27 Nov 2020||07 Sep 2020||$1,530.00|
|20SGR01695||UOS 2-CUA60715-20SGR-355-VSL||30 Nov 2020||19 Mar 2021||04 Jan 2021||$1,530.00|
|21SGR00439||UOS 3-CUA60715-20SGR-355-VSL||22 Mar 2021||16 Jul 2021||03 May 2021||$1,530.00|
|21SGR00440||UOS 4-CUA60715-20SGR-355-VSL||12 Jul 2021||05 Nov 2021||06 Sep 2021||$1,530.00|
|21SGR00441||UOS 5-CUA60715-20SGR-355-VSL||08 Nov 2021||25 Feb 2022||06 Dec 2021||$1,530.00|
|22SGR00032||UOS 6-CUA60715-20SGR-355-VSL||28 Feb 2022||24 Jun 2022||04 Apr 2022||$1,530.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CUAPPR603||Engage in the business of creative practice|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUARES602||Extend cultural research expertise|
|CUAACD601||Extend professional expertise with drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUAPPR601||Originate a body of independent creative work|
|CUAPPR604||Publicly present a body of own creative work|
|BSBCRT601||Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity|
|CUAPPR605||Evolve ideas for professional creative work|
|CUAPHI503||Explore the descriptive and emotive nature of photo lighting|
|CUAPPR606||Extend expertise in a specialised art form to professional level|
|CUAACD513||Make mixed media artworks|
|CUAPAI501||Refine painting techniques|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
St George, Main Campus
Corner Princes Highway & President Avenue, Kogarah
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure