Part Time Day
Course Start Date
12 Jul 2021
17.1 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts will give you the confidence to express your creative vision. Refine your craft in a supportive, immersive environment and learn highly technical and conceptual skills, engage in critical discourse and explore the ways you can practice as a professional visual artist.
DESIGN YOUR WAY
Express yourself by specialising in:
- Jewellery making
- Photo media
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity
- Extend your professional expertise
- Draw and use visual representation tools
- Publicly present a body of your own creative work
- Extend cultural research expertise
- Establish and maintain safe creative practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Effective communication to present ideas and concepts clearly
- A critical eye, unique design ideas and big picture thinking
- The ability to work collaboratively and also independently
- Adaptability to work on different projects and discover different opportunities
- A continuous improvement mindset
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A developed portfolio
- Skills and knowledge to become a freelance visual artist
- Gallery curator
- Visual arts and crafts professional
- Freelance artist
GROW YOUR CAREER
Master your creativity with the TAFE NSW Bachelor of Creative Practice degree.
The art industry is craving individuals who have the skills and knowledge to confidently and independently work across a variety of art forums, using modern and contemporary approaches.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a face to face part time day course. You will need to attend approximately 12.9 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 2 years. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4.2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3.9 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including studio practice and self-assessment, gallery visits and critical reviews, research, self-directed learning and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who wish to develop their own art practitioner business, or those wishing to articulate into University-level qualifications in Visual Art, with the course providing a number of credits at University.
This face to face only delivery mode is targeted to students who have completed the CUA5115 Diploma in Visual Arts, or equivalent. Students will need to have well-developed skills in drawing and their chosen area of specialisation.
Students articulating into this course from the Diploma Visual Arts, or the Diploma Graphic Design will be able to credit up to 6 units to this course. All 5 electives may be chosen from the electives listed in the training package
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools avialable for this course, including:
- all enrolled TAFE NSW students are able to access Studiosity via their Student Portal, local LMS and libraries websites. Studiosity provides personalised, live, online support and feedback after hours and over semester breaks on literacy, structure, referencing and grammar for all core subjects.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00am to 3.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|21ORA01014||UOS VSL 1-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||12 Jul 2021||17 Sep 2021||02 Aug 2021||$1,148.00|
|21ORA01015||UOS VSL 2-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||05 Oct 2021||03 Dec 2021||01 Nov 2021||$1,148.00|
|22ORA00191||UOS VSL 3-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||31 Jan 2022||08 Apr 2022||07 Mar 2022||$1,148.00|
|22ORA00192||UOS VSL 4-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||26 Apr 2022||17 Jun 2022||06 Jun 2022||$1,148.00|
|22ORA00193||UOS VSL 5-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||18 Jul 2022||23 Sep 2022||01 Aug 2022||$1,148.00|
|22ORA00194||UOS VSL 6-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||10 Oct 2022||02 Dec 2022||07 Nov 2022||$1,148.00|
|23ORA00016||UOS VSL 7-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||06 Feb 2023||06 Apr 2023||06 Mar 2023||$1,148.00|
|23ORA00017||UOS VSL 8-Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts||24 Apr 2023||23 Jun 2023||05 Jun 2023||$1,144.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBCRT601||Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity|
|CUAACD601||Extend professional expertise with drawing and other visual representation tools|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAPPR601||Originate a body of independent creative work|
|CUAPPR603||Engage in the business of creative practice|
|CUAPPR604||Publicly present a body of own creative work|
|CUARES602||Extend cultural research expertise|
|CUAACD502||Create observational drawings|
|CUAACD504||Research and apply light and colour|
|CUAACD505||Work with the human form in creative practice|
|CUADRA501||Refine drawing techniques|
|CUAPAI501||Refine painting techniques|
|CUAPPR602||Collaborate in professional creative projects|
|CUAPRI501||Refine printmaking techniques|
|CUARES502||Critique cultural works|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Orange, March Street
109 March Street, Orange
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure