Course Start Date
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Cake and Pastry helps you launch a sweet career as a pastry sous chef. Be sought after in this high demand industry as you learn to create delicious cakes, pastries, biscuits, craft your own signature recipes and perfect cake and pastry formulas.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Create laminated and non-laminated pastries
- Produce all types of cakes, puddings, biscuits and cookies
- Control and order stock and produce
- Create specialist and artisan treats
- Conduct tastings with the public
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A collaborative spirit
- Effective communication
- Creative flair
- Time management
- Problem solving skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised trade qualification at a Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Baking
- Certificate III in Bread Baking
- Certificate IV in Patisserie
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
During 2021, construction of the new Meadowbank Education & Employment Precinct will be undertaken at TAFE NSW Meadowbank. There may be some disruption to students during that time, including noise, dust, vibration and changes to campus parking. TAFE NSW is focussed on minimising any disruption to students, where practicable. Contact us on 131601 for any questions.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time on campus course. You must attend approximately 7 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 day a week for 2 years.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Australian Apprenticeships training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negotiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- In addition you are required to purchase personal uniform and toolkit for this course at a total cost of approximately $450. Uniform and tools are required from the first lesson and all practical classes. Further information is provided with your timetable.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Before you can start an apprenticeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|FBPRBK2002||Use food preparation equipment to prepare fillings|
|FBPRBK3001||Produce laminated pastry products|
|FBPRBK3002||Produce non laminated pastry products|
|FBPRBK3008||Produce sponge cake products|
|FBPRBK3009||Produce biscuit and cookie products|
|FBPRBK3010||Produce cake and pudding products|
|FBPRBK3013||Schedule and produce cake and pastry production|
|FBPRBK3018||Produce basic artisan products|
|FDFFS2001A||Implement the food safety program and procedures|
|FDFOHS2001A||Participate in OHS processes|
|FDFOP2061A||Use numerical applications in the workplace|
|FBPRBK3003||Produce specialist pastry products|
|FBPRBK3004||Produce meringue products|
|FBPRBK3005||Produce basic bread products|
|FBPRBK4003||Produce gateaux, tortes and entremets|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22RYD-477 S:02 Jan 2022 E:31 Dec 2022 D:363