Course Start Date
16 Aug 2021
12 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally accredited Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management enables you to invest in your career and move into leadership positions such as mortgage broking manager. Advance your finance skills as you help others reach their dream of homeownership.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Assess clients' needs and build relationships
- Present broking options
- Prepare loan applications
- Implement complex loan structures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Supervisory skills
- The ability to display initiative and judgement in completing activities
- An interest in the financial services industry
- Strong communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Opportunities for higher-level employment
- A pathway to a degree
- Mortgage broking manager
- Insurance broker
- Mortgage broker
- Finance broker
- Insurance broking manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of Applied Commerce
- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 22nd June 2021||11:00am to 12:00pm||TAFE NSW Bankstown, Block J, Level 3, Room J3.36|
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021 | 5:00pm to 6:00pm | TAFE NSW Bankstown, Block J, Level 3, Room J3.36
This is a flexible, blended delivery course. You will need to attend approximately 7 hours of class, 2 days a week, for 12 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including online Moodle reading, research, and assessment preparation.
This is a Blended course via an online learning platform (moodle) and weekly virtual sessions with a teacher. Students have a choice to attend the virtual session on a Monday (day) OR Wednesday (night).
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have completed the Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking who are seeking to upgrade their qualification to the Diploma of Finance & Mortgage Broking Management. Job outcomes include working as a mortgage broker in an existing business, as a franchisee or independent broker.
- A weekly session runs every Thursday from 9:30am to 2:30pm (connected via Microsoft Teams). Additional tutorial support is provided every Tuesday night from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Mondays from 9:30am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|21BKS00581||UOS 1 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management||16 Aug 2021||10 Sep 2021||06 Sep 2021||$963.00|
|21BKS00582||UOS 2 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management||13 Sep 2021||15 Oct 2021||05 Oct 2021||$963.00|
|21BKS00583||UOS 3 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management||11 Oct 2021||11 Nov 2021||01 Nov 2021||$964.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|FNSCUS501||Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third party referrers|
|FNSFMB401||Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients|
|FNSFMB402||Identify client needs for broking services|
|FNSFMB403||Present broking options to client|
|FNSFMB502||Identify and develop broking options for clients with complex needs|
|FNSFMB503||Present broking options to client with complex needs|
|FNSFMB504||Implement complex loan structures|
|FNSFMK505||Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice|
|FNSINC401||Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry|
|FNSASIC301||Establish client relationship and analyse needs|
|FNSASIC302||Develop, present and negotiate client solutions|
|FNSFMB501||Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry|
|FNSRSK501||Undertake risk identification|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
500 Chapel Road, Bankstown
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure