Course Start Date
13 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Advanced Diploma of Accounting is designed for aspiring accounting managers and assistant accountants. You will prepare complex reports and evaluations to deliver critical results for your company and clients, and earn credit toward a TAFE NSW degree study pathway.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Develop and manage financial systems
- Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- Monitor corporate governance activities
- Evaluate financial risk in an organisation
- Influence critical business decisions
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Outstanding communication
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Advanced Diploma
- Eligibility to be recognised as a Registered Tax Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board
- Articulation pathways into a degree
- Accounting manager
- Assistant accountant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of Applied Commerce
- Bachelor of Business
During 2021, construction of the new Meadowbank Education & Employment Precinct will be undertaken at TAFE NSW Meadowbank. There may be some disruption to students during that time, including noise, dust, vibration and changes to campus parking. TAFE NSW is focussed on minimising any disruption to students, where practicable. Contact us on 131601 for any questions.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday 8 June 2021||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Meadowbank Campus, Block P, Level 5, Room P5.03|
|Tuesday 22 June 2021||10:00am to 11:00am||Meadowbank Campus, Block P, Level 5, Room P5.03|
|Tuesday 8 June 2021||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Meadowbank Campus, Block P, Level 5, Room P5.03|
|Tuesday 13 July 2021||10:00am to 11:00am||Meadowbank Campus, Block P, Level 5, Room P5.03|
|Tuesday 13 July 2021||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Meadowbank Campus, Block P, Level 5, Room P5.03|
This is a Flexible blended course. You will need to complete approximately 24 hours of other study per week for 36 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including independent online activities, discussion forums, structured prescribed readings, videos.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working in accounting and seeking professional recognition, including tax agents, accounts managers and business analysts; and to employees performing a range of accounts management tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
Students may wish to attend the Drop in Centre on a Monday afternoon or night during the teaching weeks for additional support or assistance
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 8:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
Students will be required to purchase textbooks at an additional cost (approx $400)
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|FNSTPB505||Apply legal principles in property law|
|FNSTPB503||Apply legal principles in contract and consumer law|
|FNSINC602||Interpret and use financial statistics and tools|
|FNSINC601||Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry|
|FNSACC624||Monitor corporate governance activities|
|FNSACC613||Prepare and analyse management accounting information|
|FNSACC609||Evaluate financial risk|
|FNSACC601||Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities|
|FNSACC517||Provide management accounting information|
|FNSACC516||Implement and maintain internal control procedures|
|FNSACC514||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities|
|FNSACC513||Manage budgets and forecasts|
|FNSACC512||Prepare tax documentation for individuals|
|FNSACC511||Provide financial and business performance information|
Tax agent, accounts managers business analysts
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
See Street, Meadowbank
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure