Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in BAS Agent Registration Skill Set equips you with the knowledge to work as a BAS agent or payroll clerk. Learn to implement a payroll system and complete business and instalment activity statements.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- Establish and maintain payroll systems
- Reconcile and prepare business and instalment activity statements
- Record payroll data and maintain payroll
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Computer and digital literacy
- Organisational skills
- Effective time management
- Good communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- BAS agent
- Payroll clerk
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Diploma of Accounting
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
Adaptability is increasingly in demand in the accounting and bookkeeping sector, as the industry moves forward with new technologies. Other in-demand skills in the accounting and bookkeeping sector include communication skills, planning and problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 4 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 6 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
Students are required to complete a supervised end of course assessment. This may be at a TAFE NSW college or under private supervision (conditions apply).
You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including self-directed learning such as reading, research and private study and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to start a career
- want to upskill
- want a career change
- are returning to the workplace
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- access to Smarthinking and online tutorials and webinars and other online learning resources.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-001 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364