Course Start Date
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) develops clinical and administrative skills to prepare you for a rewarding allied health career. Become a physiotherapy assistant and make a real difference to the quality of people's lives.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Communicate and work in health and community services
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Interpret and apply medical terminology
- Support allied health professionals to improve therapeutic and administrative patient outcomes
- Deliver and monitor physiotherapy programs
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Empathy and patience
- A desire to help people
- A positive and friendly disposition
- A hardworking attitude
- The ability to apply good judgement
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- The option to pursue a generalist or specialist allied health career of your choice
- Allied health assistant
- Physiotherapy assistant
- Therapy aide
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
-Diploma of Practice Management
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced, online course. You must attend approximately 7 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run for 2 years.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are new entrants and learners studying to enter the health services sector
- would like to assist clinicians within allied health or medical industry as allied health assistants
- are from wide variety of age groups and ethnicities
- have good level of literacy
- will be able to work independently with little supervision.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Textbooks as are recommended for the course.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm physical health status|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|CHCCCS002||Assist with movement|
|CHCCCS009||Facilitate responsible behaviour|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
|HLTAID011||Provide First Aid|
|HLTAHA003||Deliver and monitor a client-specific physiotherapy program|
|HLTAHA005||Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
TAFE Digital (focused on Physiotherapy)
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-213 S:01 Jul 2022 E:29 Jun 2024 D:729