Course Start Date
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Health Administration progresses your healthcare journey and helps you move into health administration, practice management and supervisory health roles. Marry your experience with newfound skills to drive the smooth running of a healthcare facility.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Use administrative systems and workplace technology
- Order stock and resources
- Enter and move patient appointments
- Oversee junior reception staff
- Manage patient feedback and complaints
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Confidence liaising with doctors and a range of healthcare staff
- Quick thinking problem-solving skills
- The ability to make appropriate, high-value decisions for your practice
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Negotiation skills to manage client complaints and challenging patients
- The ability to work in a large team and alone
- A commitment to compliance, regulation and healthcare standards
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and gain the skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Ward clerk
- Admissions clerk
- Practice manager
- Team leader in a healthcare facility
- Executive assistant to a manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Practice Management
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time combination course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 20 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
Additional fees of $65.00 may apply for the First Aid unit, if we are unable to deliver face-to-face study due to COVID-19 restrictions.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTADM004||Manage health billing and accounting system|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure