Course Start Date
10 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Health Administration progresses your healthcare journey and helps you move into health administration, practice management and supervisory health roles. Marry your experience with newfound skills to drive the smooth running of a healthcare facility.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Use administrative systems and workplace technology
- Order stock and resources
- Enter and move patient appointments
- Oversee junior reception staff
- Manage patient feedback and complaints
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Confidence liaising with doctors and a range of healthcare staff
- Quick thinking problem-solving skills
- The ability to make appropriate, high-value decisions for your practice
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Negotiation skills to manage client complaints and challenging patients
- The ability to work in a large team and alone
- A commitment to compliance, regulation and healthcare standards
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and gain the skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Ward clerk
- Admissions clerk
- Practice manager
- Team leader in a healthcare facility
- Executive assistant to a manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Practice Management
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced, online course. You must attend approximately 10 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run for 18 months.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Textbooks that are recommended for this course.
- Recording equipment such as a camera or smart phone.
- Access to a computer and the Internet
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTADM004||Manage health billing and accounting system|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-004 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Jun 2023 D:364