Offering Info - TAFE NSW
Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
- relate the concepts of the person, environment and health to the safe and effective practice of nursing
- participate in a multidisciplinary team to assist the individual to meet their needs
- practise in a safe and culturally competent manner to meet the physical, psychosocial, emotional and mental health needs of individuals
- practice within the nursing professional standards, codes of practice and state legislation
- develop, monitor and maintain a holistic plan of care in collaboration with the RN, multidisciplinary team
- demonstrate effective communication and documentation skills in a variety of healthcare settings
- participate in professional development of self
- practise within safety standards and quality improvement guidelines
- engage in reflective practice, nursing research and critically analyse and apply evidence based practice to nursing care
To complete the Diploma of Nursing students are required to successfully complete all units and complete a minimum of 400hrs of unpaid professional experience to meet the assessment requirements of the units. On completion of HLT54115 qualification students are eligible to apply for registration as an Enrolled Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (http://www.ahpra.gov.au).
ENROLLING IN FIRST AID UNITS OF COMPETENCY
If you are enrolling in a First Aid unit of competency you are advised that to complete the unit you must be able to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for at least 2 minutes on the floor. If you have a disability that would prevent you from performing required basic life support skills you are advised that you will not be able to achieve the unit of competency.
To request further information, click on Enquire Now and we will advise you when a new offering is available. Courses are run subject to minimum student enrolments.
COMMUNITY AND CHILDREN?S SERVICES
Anyone in child-related work (including student placements and volunteers) MUST have a current Working with Children Check (students/volunteers free if over 18) in line with the Office of Children?s Guardian phase-in schedule and processes. For further information visit the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian website and search for Working with Children Check.
AGED CARE WORK
Before you undertake any clinical placements in Aged Care Facilities you will be required to undertake a National Police Check. For further information visit the Australian Federal Police website and search for National Police Checks.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government, and as a result your fee is determined through Training Services NSW formal eligibility criteria. In claiming the concession or exemption, students will be required to supply the required evidence to support the claim in accord with the requirements of Smart and Skilled eligibility.
Further costs in addition to your student fees may be applicable for this qualification. These costs are to provide you with additional resources and/or Incidentals to support your learning. The following Incidentals are available for purchase at your local campus reception, class co-ordinator or can you source this item yourself: Textbook- Medications Administration for Nurses- $55.60.
To activate your eligibility you must pay the student fee component PRIOR to commencement of the learning activity.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Mackay Street, Cootamundra
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure