Course Start Date
21 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
Make a difference as an enrolled nurse in a skills shortage area, with the nationally accredited Diploma of Nursing. You will train in anatomy and physiology, infection control and medication administration and be ready to work in a range of health care settings including acute, aged care, rehabilitation and mental health.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and work placement, you will learn to:
- Care for a person with complex needs
- Effectively communicate with patients and colleagues
- Implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care plans
- Tend and manage wounds in the clinical environment
- Work within legal and ethical parameters
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities needed to get ahead in this career:
- High levels of professionalism and integrity
- Advanced communication
- Practical problem solving
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will equip you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma qualification
- Eligibility to apply for NMBA approval and AHPRA registration that enables you to work across Australia as an enrolled nurse
You can go on to support the lives of people in need in:
- Acute nursing
- Aged care nursing
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Mental health nursing
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further and become a Registered nurse with further study.
- Bachelor of Nursing
Employment of enrolled nurses in New South Wales is forecast to increase by around 13.5% between now and 2025. Currently, employers are struggling to find enrolled nurses as our ageing population is driving the demand for health care services and professionals.
There is a minimum of 400 hours clinical placement required to complete the course. Placements are arranged by TAFE NSW at facilities and venues that are accredited to host students on clinical placements. Placements are undertaken within the Murrumbidgee and Southern Local Health Districts.
To request further information, click on Enquire Now and we will advise you when a new offering is available. Courses are run subject to minimum student enrolments.
COMMUNITY AND CHILDREN?S SERVICES
Anyone in child-related work (including student placements and volunteers) MUST have a current Working with Children Check (students/volunteers free if over 18) in line with the Office of Children?s Guardian phase-in schedule and processes. For further information visit the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian website and search for Working with Children Check.
AGED CARE WORK
Before you undertake any clinical placements in Aged Care Facilities you will be required to undertake a National Police Check. For further information visit the Australian Federal Police website and search for National Police Checks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Students will be provided with a course schedule when course details are confirmed.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government, and as a result your fee is determined through Training Services NSW formal eligibility criteria. In claiming the concession or exemption, students will be required to supply the required evidence to support the claim in accord with the requirements of Smart and Skilled eligibility.
To activate your eligibility you must pay the student fee component PRIOR to commencement of the learning activity.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Thank you for your interest in this course. To request further information click on Enquire Now. You can also contact TAFE NSW on 131 601 to speak with one of our friendly Customer Service Consultants.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|HLTENN007||Administer and monitor medicines and intravenous therapy|
|HLTAAP003||Analyse and respond to client health information|
|HLTENN002||Apply communication skills in nursing practice|
|HLTENN008||Apply legal and ethical parameters to nursing practice|
|HLTENN015||Apply nursing practice in the primary health care setting|
|HLTENN006||Apply principles of wound management in the clinical environment|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm physical health status|
|HLTENN005||Contribute to nursing care of a person with complex needs|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|HLTENN011||Implement and monitor care for a person with acute health problems|
|HLTENN012||Implement and monitor care for a person with chronic health problems|
|HLTENN009||Implement and monitor care for a person with mental health conditions|
|HLTENN013||Implement and monitor care of the older person|
|HLTENN004||Implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care plans|
|HLTENN003||Perform clinical assessment and contribute to planning nursing care|
|HLTENN001||Practise nursing within the Australian health care system|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|HLTENN010||Apply a palliative approach in nursing practice|
|HLTENN025||Implement and monitor care for a person with diabetes|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|HLTWHS006||Manage personal stressors in the work environment|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|14393A||Workplace clinical practice|
Enrolled nurses can work in general or specialised health care facilities including acute (hospital), care, medical centres, community, mental health, rural and remote, aged care and palliative care.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Neville Place, Griffith
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure