Part Time Day
Course Start Date
24 Jul 2020
8.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Non Government Subsidised
This qualification reflects the role of a dental prosthetist who works as independent practitioners in the assessment, treatment, management of a person who requires provision of removable dentures; and who also provides unique flexible removable mouthguards used for sporting activities.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least of 240 hours of dental prosthetist clinical practice work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
A graduate holding an Advanced Diploma of Dental Prosthetics approved by the Dental Board of Australia is able to apply for registration with the Dental Board of Australia. Further information on registration is available at www.dentalboard.gov.au
ENROLLING IN FIRST AID UNITS OF COMPETENCY
If you are seeking to enrol in a First Aid unit of competency you are advised that to complete the unit you must be able to perform basic life support skills, for example control bleeding and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). If you have a disability that would prevent you from performing required basic life support skills you are advised that you will not be able to achieve the unit of competency.
There are no Information Sessions scheduled at this time. Please contact campus for more information on 131 601.
This is a Part Time Day Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 8 hours of class, over 1 days a week, for 2 years. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 0.5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including Assignment Prepartion, Clinical Cases Studies, Research, Private Study and Clinical Case preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are actively working as a Dental Technician in a commercial dental laboratory who want to gain the knowledge and skills needed to be registered as a Dental Prosthetist with AHPRA.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Friday from 8:30am to 6:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
The loan cap for this course is $10,588. This means the maximum amount you can borrow for each unit of study is $1,316, and you will need to directly pay the remaining $4,308 for each Unit of Study.
You will be required to supply your own adjustable articulator with matching facebow or earbow. The adjustable articulator incisal guidance angle and adjustable condylar guidance angle that is able to be locked into eccentric positions. Examples of approved articulators are: Stratos 300 with Facebow and Quickmaster with Earbow. Additionally, you will be require to purchase a minimum of four text books that will be advised upon enrolment.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|20RDW00814||UOS 1-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||24 Jul 2020||16 Oct 2020||07 Sep 2020||$5,624.00|
|20RDW00815||UOS 2-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||19 Oct 2020||15 Jan 2021||07 Dec 2020||$5,624.00|
|21RDW00111||UOS 3-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||18 Jan 2021||16 Apr 2021||01 Mar 2021||$5,624.00|
|21RDW00112||UOS 4-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||19 Apr 2021||09 Jul 2021||07 Jun 2021||$5,624.00|
|21RDW00113||UOS 5-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||12 Jul 2021||08 Oct 2021||02 Aug 2021||$5,624.00|
|21RDW00114||UOS 6-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||11 Oct 2021||07 Jan 2022||01 Nov 2021||$5,624.00|
|22RDW00010||UOS 7-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||10 Jan 2022||01 Apr 2022||07 Feb 2022||$5,624.00|
|22RDW00011||UOS 8-HLT65015-20RDW-214-FFSVSL||04 Apr 2022||01 Jul 2022||02 May 2022||$5,622.00|
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CHCPOL003||Research and apply evidence to practice|
|HLTDEN004||Implement an individualised oral hygiene program|
|HLTDEP001||Identify, select and prepare instruments, equipment and materials|
|HLTDEP002||Gather data, conduct dental prosthetic examination and develop treatment plan|
|HLTDEP004-GRADED||Establish and record jaw relationships and select artificial teeth|
|HLTDEP005-GRADED||Evaluate a removable dental prosthesis at try-in stage|
|HLTDEP006-GRADED||Insert and issue a completed removable dental prosthesis|
|HLTDEP007||Perform maintenance treatment for patient with removable dental prostheses|
|HLTDEP008||Construct and insert an implant retained overdenture|
|HLTINF002||Process reusable medical devices and equipment|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Randwick, Sydney Dental Hospital
Level 6, 2 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure