Course Start Date
14 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking prepares you for success in a fast-paced and technical industry as a network support technician, systems administrator or help desk specialist. Learn to manage networks, data, install virtual machines and sustainable IT practices and get qualified in just six months.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Identify and confirm business requirements
- Install and manage small-scale networks
- Operate and troubleshoot an enterprise branch network
- Manage network and data integrity
- Install and configure virtual machines
- Work in a production flow
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Collaboration with co-workers and clients
- Great communication skills
- Deal with interruptions due to changing priorities and deadlines
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- Foundation skills to enter the IT industry
- A pathway to the Diploma in Information Technology Networking course
- Skills you can use in any industry going through a digital transformation
- Network support technician
- Systems administrator
- Computer technician
- Help desk specialist
- Database support worker
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further to work independently or in a supervisory role:
- Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- Advanced Diploma in Network security
With so many businesses going through a digital transformation and IT technicians supporting so many of these industries, IT networking is one of the fastest growing job sectors in Australia. Become an important part of a business in solving issues for both internal and external clients and become a part of a highly skilled and in-demand workforce.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 10 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 1 year.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
Also, you can expect to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including direct one-to-one contact via Email or phone,
assignment preparation and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- do not have any previous IT qualifications and are seeking to enter the IT industry as a Level 1 or 2 technician
- might consider this as the first step to an Information Technology related higher qualification
- may be school leavers who have not had much exposure to formal learning beyond school and with limited exposure to a work environment and/or higher level tertiary study
- have digital literacy skills that they have acquired through study at school and/or life experience
- are comfortable working with computers in general and able to use the Internet in their day-to-day activities
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|ICTNWK420||Install and configure virtual machines|
|ICTNWK403||Manage network and data integrity|
|ICTTEN416||Install, configure and test an internet protocol network|
|ICTNWK401||Install and manage a server|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|ICTNWK404||Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network|
|ICTICT428||Select cloud storage solutions|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|ICTNWK421||Install, configure and test network security|
|ICTICT424||Address cyber security requirements|
|ICTPMG401||Support small scale ICT projects|
|ICTNWK405||Build a small wireless local area network|
|ICTNWK412||Create network documentation|
|ICTNWK409||Create scripts for networking|
|ICTICT426||Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices|
Network Operations Technician
Network Operations Technician
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-007 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364