Course Start Date
25.3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in supporting the design, development and programming of basic digital games briefs as part of a larger development team. The qualification has a small suite of core units with an opportunity to select units from specialist groups of electives across the different artistic or programming fields of the industry.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Thursday, 25 June 2020||3.00pm to 4.30pm||Lismore Campus, Building D, Level 1, Room 101|
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 18 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 7.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 9.9 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assignment preparation, private study, and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to learn MS suite to an intermediate level, with foundational skills in hardware, networks, social media technologies, photo manipulation, multimedia, and web skills
- are pre-employment or school leavers, who require training to gain employment or as a basis for further study in information technology
- are existing workers or mature age people, looking for a career change
- are existing workers seeking to upskill in the information technology field, or gain recognition for current skills
- want to improve their computing knowledge and skills, to augment their current industry job
- have computer literacy equivalent to at least the completion of Certificate I in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT10115), in order to participate in this course
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- Disabilities Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support
- Multicultural Learner Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|ICTGAM401||Produce an interactive game|
|ICTICT419||Work effectively in the digital media industry|
|ICTGAM404||Apply artificial intelligence in game development|
|ICTPRG430||Apply introductory object-oriented language skills|
|ICTPRG415||Apply skills in object-oriented design|
|ICTICT406||Build a graphical user interface|
|ICTGAM409||Create 3-D characters for interactive games|
|ICTGAM414||Create audio for digital games|
|ICTGAM403||Create design documents for interactive games|
|ICTGAM302||Design and apply simple textures to digital art|
|ICTGAM413||Design and create 3-D digital models|
|ICTGAM410||Develop 3-D components for interactive games|
|ICTGAM402||Identify and apply principles of games design and game playing|
|ICTPRG413||Use a library or pre-existing components|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
64 Conway Street, Lismore
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure