Course Start Date
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This course provides a specialisation in Advanced Networking.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, as part of a team or leading a deliverable with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- advanced networking: configuring and managing virtual computing environments, and security within ICT networks
- advanced programming: applying intermediate and advanced programming skills, managing data and building advanced user interfaces to manage organisational requirements
- back end web development: developing and maintaining website information architecture and data
- business analysis: designing and implementing technical requirements, quality assurance processes and contingency plans for businesses
- cloud architecture: developing, improving and designing cloud infrastructure, including disaster recovery plans
- cloud engineering: building, implementing and managing cloud infrastructure and virtual networks
- cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
- database and data management: creating, designing and monitoring systems that store data and optimise organisational knowledge management
- front end web development: designing dynamic and complex websites, user experience solutions and documents using extensible mark-up languages
- game art and design: creating complex 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
- game programming
- Systems administration
- Systems analysis
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time, combination course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 7 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 4 days a week for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with Day classes and Wednesday with Morning classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation|
|ICTICT532||Apply IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments|
|ICTSAS527||Manage client problems|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks|
|ICTNWK536||Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions|
|ICTNWK540||Design, build and test network servers|
|ICTNWK546||Manage network security|
|ICTNWK557||Configure and manage advanced virtual computing environments|
|ICTNWK559||Install an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTCLD501||Develop cloud disaster recovery plans|
|ICTCLD502||Design and implement highly-available cloud infrastructure|
|ICTCLD503||Implement web-scale cloud infrastructure|
|ICTCLD504||Improve cloud-based infrastructure|
|ICTNWK538||Install and maintain valid authentication processes|
|ICTNWK541||Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services|
|ICTNWK542||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers|
|ICTNWK543||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure