Course Start Date
01 Feb 2021
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to design, build and manage websites as an independent web developer or as part of a team.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 9 Deccember 2020||2.00pm to 4.00pm||Connected Learning environment - Microsoft Teams Meeting [https://bit.ly/2UNqvMy]|
|Wednesday, 9 Deccember 2020||6.00pm to 7.00pm||Connected Learning environment - Microsoft Teams Meeting [https://bit.ly/2UNqvMy]|
|Wednesday, 20 January 2021||2.00pm to 4.00pm||Connected Learning environment - Microsoft Teams Meeting [https://bit.ly/2UNqvMy]|
|Wednesday, 20 January 2021||6.00pm to 7.00pm||Connected Learning environment - Microsoft Teams Meeting [https://bit.ly/2UNqvMy]|
This is a Full Time blended course. You will need to attend approximately 19 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 20 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including Private study, online research, assignment preparation.
This course is offered by Connected Classroom.? This is just like a regular classroom, but teachers and students use the latest video conferencing technologies.
Your teacher can be in one TAFE location, and you can join the class from another TAFE location using video conferencing equipment or a mobile device. You can also join in from a venue in a participating regional community. You will be able to see and talk to your teacher and other students as though they were in the room with you. You will also have access to support to meet your learning needs.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Participants in this programme are a mixture of learners who may have completed an ICT Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies or Software development or part qualification and those from diverse backgrounds that have met the entry requirements through recognition of previous studies, work experience, life experience or a combination of them all. The learner body will represent a wide variety of age groups and ethnicities generally. Most learners have a high level of literacy and can work independently with little supervision. Allowance is made for the needs of groups (e.g. people with disabilities, and people who may have literacy or numeracy difficulties, such as speakers of languages other than English. Learners may be working full or part time in the ICT Industry and or other industries; while others may be studying to enter the industry.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
The following additional support is provided for this Student Group:
- TAFE Counselling, College and Library services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 09:00am to 05:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
-indicative costs for website hosting, domain name, applications, etc. $500
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|21ULT01890||UOS 1-ICT50615-21ULT-151-SSVSL||01 Feb 2021||19 Mar 2021||01 Mar 2021||$1,354.00|
|21ULT01893||UOS 2-ICT50615-21ULT-151-SSVSL||22 Mar 2021||30 Apr 2021||06 Apr 2021||$1,354.00|
|21ULT01896||UOS 3-ICT50615-21ULT-151-SSVSL||03 May 2021||18 Jun 2021||07 Jun 2021||$1,352.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|ICTDBS504||Integrate database with a website|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT515||Verify client business requirements|
|ICTWEB501||Build a dynamic website|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB503||Create web-based programs|
|ICTWEB516||Research and apply emerging web technology trends|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT514||Identify and manage the implementation of current industry specific technologies|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTPRG425||Use structured query language|
|ICTPRG504||Deploy an application to a production environment|
|ICTSAD506||Produce a feasibility report|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB429||Create a markup language document to specification|
|ICTWEB506||Develop complex cascading style sheets|
|ICTWEB507||Customise a complex ICT content management system|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure