Part Time Day
Course Start Date
01 Feb 2021
17.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Software Development equips you with the skills to launch your career as a programmer or software developer. Develop your knowledge of JAVA and C# and be prepared for one of the 16,000 new jobs available in this industry in the next five years.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Manage the software development lifecycle
- Create and test software programs
- Use different programming languages and tools
- Design and develop web-related products and applications
- Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment
Learn software including:
- Git and GitHub
- MS Project
- SQL Server
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- A positive approach to problem-solving
- An analytical mind
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A collaborative nature
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- A strong study pathway to a degree qualification
- Analyst programmer support
- Assistant programming developer
- Assistant software applications programmer
- Assistant software developer
- Database support programmer
- Mobile app developer
- Web support programmer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a Bachelor of Information Technology with TAFE NSW Degrees.
Demand for technology workers across Australia is set to grow by 143,000 in all industries to 2024.
Key areas of software development expected to grow through to 2030 include:
- Multi-cloud management and operations
- Social media data harvesting and marketing automation
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 11, 18, 25 November 2020||6.00pm to 8.00pm||Online: https://bit.ly/37tCioa|
|Monday, 23, 30 November 2020||6.00pm to 8.00pm||Online: https://bit.ly/37tCioa|
|Wednesday, 2, 9 December 2020||6.00pm to 8.00pm||Online: https://bit.ly/37tCioa|
|Monday, 7 December 2020||6.00pm to 8.00pm||Online: https://bit.ly/37tCioa|
|Wednesday, 20, 27 January 2021||6.00pm to 8.00pm||Online: https://bit.ly/37tCioa|
|Thursday, 21, 28 January 2021||11.00am to 1.00pm||Online: https://bit.ly/37tCioa|
This is a Full Time blended course. You will need to attend approximately 11.5 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 35 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 7 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including Private Study, Online Research, Assignment Preparation, Lynda.Com Videos, Reading Books, Attending Support Tutorials.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
Would like to become a Software Developer.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
Weekly tutorial support class for those who would need additional help.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 9:30am to 5:00pm and Thursday from 9:30am to 4:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|21HNB00180||UOS 1-ICT50718-21HNB-152-SSVSL||01 Feb 2021||16 Apr 2021||01 Mar 2021||$1,015.00|
|21HNB00183||UOS 2-ICT50718-21HNB-152-SSVSL||19 Apr 2021||02 Jul 2021||03 May 2021||$1,015.00|
|21HNB00186||UOS 3-ICT50718-21HNB-152-SSVSL||28 Jun 2021||10 Sep 2021||02 Aug 2021||$1,015.00|
|21HNB00189||UOS 4-ICT50718-21HNB-152-SSVSL||13 Sep 2021||26 Nov 2021||05 Oct 2021||$1,015.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTPRG418||Apply intermediate programming skills in another language|
|ICTPRG502||Manage a project using software management tools|
|ICTPRG503||Debug and monitor applications|
|ICTPRG504||Deploy an application to a production environment|
|ICTPRG520||Validate an application design against specifications|
|ICTPRG523||Apply advanced programming skills in another language|
|ICTPRG527||Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills|
|ICTPRG529||Apply testing techniques for software development|
|ICTPRG532||Apply advanced object-oriented language skills|
|ICTDBS502||Design a database|
|ICTPRG425||Use structured query language|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTICT403||Apply software development methodologies|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
- Analyst Programmer Support
- Assistant Programming Developer
- Assistant Software Applications Programmer
- Assistant Software Developer
- Database Support Programmer
- Web Support Programmer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
205 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure