Course Start Date
2 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Water Industry Operations will help you to gain specialised skills as a water network operator. Combine on-the-job and connected learning to advance your knowledge, skills, career and study options.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Assess, implement and report on environmental procedures
- Comply with risk management principles
- Follow safe work practices
- Monitor, operate and maintain network operations
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An appreciation for the water industry
- Aptitude to develop and learn new skills
- A hard-working attitude, collaborative spirit and ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Good communication techniques
- Digital literacy skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Specialised skills in networks
- Water/wastewater network (reticulation) operator
- Water/wastewater treatment plant operator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment (Drinking water)
- Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment (Wastewater)
- Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment
- Certificate IV in Water Industry Operations
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a blended, combination course. You must attend approximately 2 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run ia a combination of classroom based, online and/or workplace activity for 2 years.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
Australian Apprenticeships training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negotiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWHS308||Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control processes|
|NWPGEN019||Assess, implement and report environmental procedures|
|NWPGEN017||Apply the risk management principles of the water industry standards, guidelines and legislation|
|NWPGEN020||Sample and test source or drinking water|
|NWPGEN021||Sample and test wastewater|
|NWPGEN022||Perform laboratory testing|
|NWPTRT009||Operate and control coagulation and flocculation processes|
|NWPTRT010||Operate and control sedimentation and clarification processes|
|NWPTRT019||Operate and control granular media filters|
|NWPTRT036||Operate and control activated sludge processes|
|NWPTRT037||Operate and control nutrient removal processes|
|NWPTRT039||Operate and control solids handling processes|
|NWPNET030||Identify and respond to water quality problems|
|NWPNET036||Perform leak detection|
|NWPNET051||Monitor and operate water distribution systems|
|NWPNET052||Monitor and operate wastewater collection and transfer systems|
|RIICCM205E||Carry out manual excavation|
|RIICCM210D||Install trench support|
|RIISAM203E||Use hand and power tools|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
National Environmental Centre (Thurgoona) (APPRENTICESHIP)
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure