Course Start Date
14.2 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Government gives you the skills to communicate effectively using advanced strategies, while upholding values and compliance regulations. Learn how to create complex workplace documents and respect sensitive information.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Uphold values, principles, processes and compliance
- Deliver the highest quality service to a diverse range of customers
- Use advance communication strategies
- Create complex workplace documents
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An ethical mindset
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills and self-motivation
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to further study
- Skills using advanced workplace communication strategies
- Techniques to promote diversity, public sector values and change culture
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time evening, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 8.5 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 38 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5.7 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including reading journals, watching LinkedIn Learning tutorials and research
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are seeking long-term career goals in the public sector with the Certificate IV in Government generalist qualification. This qualification covers the competencies required for working without supervision in the public sector and prepares you to work in an environment where there is a diverse range of responsibilities. This qualification is valued across all levels of the public sector and within non-government agencies delivering government funded services and support.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
Additional Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support may be provided in the classroom where a need has been highlighted through screening. Students who have identified as having a disability, are eligible to receive individual tutorial support determined on an individual basis.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- General stationery, (ie, pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters and stapler)
-USB storage device
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|PSPETH001||Uphold the values and principles of public service|
|PSPGEN023||Deliver and monitor service to clients|
|PSPGEN043||Apply government processes|
|PSPLEG002||Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector|
|PSPPCY004||Support policy implementation|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|PSPGEN027||Gather and analyse information|
|PSPGEN032||Deal with conflict|
|PSPGEN033||Use advanced workplace communication strategies|
|PSPGEN034||Compose complex workplace documents|
- Administrative officer
- Government fraud prevention officer
- Revenue officer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
266 Maitland Road, Tighes Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21NEW-089 S:02 Feb 2021 E:10 Dec 2021 D:311