Course Start Date
11.1 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma of Government, provides you with the know-how to step into management roles within the public sector. Gain skills to apply across local, state and federal agencies. Focusing on leadership skills, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution and complex writing skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Communicate with others
- Complete fundamental research and analysis
- Promote legal and ethical values and compliance
- Provide leadership
- Manage performance
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An ethical mindset
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills and self-motivation
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Skills to enter a leadership role in either public or private sector
- A strong pathway to continue your study with a bachelor and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills to facilitate change across the organisation
- Administrative services manager
- Fraud prevention coordinator
- Policy manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a flexible blended course. You will need to to complete approximately 11.1 hours of study per week, for 47 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 14.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, completion of coursework and activities, assignment preparation and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who will be in pre-employment or existing workers in the government sector. Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course, TAFE highly recommend that learners are working or have experience working in the public sector. It is preferred that students have completed the PSP40116 Certificate IV in Government or another Certificate IV qualification. The participants undertaking this delivery may have little if any workplace experience in government or be existing workers seeking a formal qualification.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
-Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
-Accessibility and Disability Services
-International Student Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location. Plus access to a comprehensive TAFE NSW Library network allowing free access to online and hard copy resource material.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|PSPETH003||Promote the values and ethos of public service|
|PSPGEN054||Use complex workplace communication strategies|
|PSPLEG003||Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector|
|BSBWHS301||Maintain workplace safety|
|PSPGEN044||Develop client services|
|PSPGEN046||Undertake research and analysis|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Evans Street, Inverell
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure