Course Start Date
Enquire Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Build your career as a trade qualified plant operator with the nationally accredited Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations. Learn how to safely operate plant equipment such as excavators, loaders, dozers and rollers, and work on exciting civil infrastructure projects in this booming industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course-work, you will learn:
- How to operate a small plant and equipment including excavators, loaders, dozers, graders and rollers
- How to handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- To identify, locate and protect underground services
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities and skills needed to get ahead in this field:
- Confidence to communicate with people at all levels on a construction site
- Analytical skills to read and interpret plans and specifications quickly
- Problem solving skills to meet the challenges of civil construction work
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing the course will equip you with:
- Work readiness as a trade qualified plant operator
- Hands on experience working in simulated environments
- Practical skills in operating hand and power tools, and heavy machinery
- Practical experience in basic levelling and excavation
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further:
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction (Operations)
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction (Supervision)
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction (Design)
- Diploma of Civil Construction (Engineering and Management)
- Associate Degree of Civil Construction (Engineering and Management)
The civil construction sector is booming across NSW. Skilled plant operators are in high demand due to project works commissioned by the Federal and state government, local councils, private contracting firms and the mining industry.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a blended course and will be delivered by workplace visits. Times will be negotiated with teaching section and employer.
You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including learning material, research and workplace training.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are working in the civil construction industry and who are looking at expanding their knowledge and skills in this industry.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is delivered by workplace visits. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|RIISAM203D||Use hand and power tools|
|RIICCM207D||Spread and compact materials manually|
|RIIWHS201D||Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures|
|RIIBEF201D||Plan and organise work|
|RIICCM208D||Carry out basic levelling|
|RIISAM201D||Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials|
|RIISAM204D||Operate small plant and equipment|
|RIICCM202D||Identify, locate and protect underground services|
|RIICOM201D||Communicate in the workplace|
|RIICCM201D||Carry out measurements and calculations|
|RIICCM203D||Read and interpret plans and job specifications|
|RIICCM205E||Carry out manual excavation|
|RIICCM206D||Support plant operations|
|RIIWMG203D||Drain and dewater civil construction site|
|RIIMPO318F||Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations|
|RIIMPO317F||Conduct roller operations|
|RIIMPO326E||Conduct water vehicle operations|
|RIICCM209D||Carry out concrete work|
|RIIMPO337E||Conduct articulated haul truck operations|
|RIIRIS201D||Conduct local risk control|
|RIIWHS202D||Enter and work in confined spaces|
|RIIMPO321F||Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations|
|RIIMPO324F||Conduct civil construction grader operations|
|RIIMPO320F||Conduct civil construction excavator operations|
|RIIMPO323E||Conduct civil construction dozer operations|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
National Environmental Centre
Ettamogah Road, Thurgoona
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure