Course Start Date
7.8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision elevates your skills to work as a civil construction site supervisor. Learn to work in teams and supervise construction projects, as well as implement operational plans and apply site risk management systems.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Supervise civil works
- Lead and supervise others
- Ensure the quantity and quality of output
- Help devise technical solutions to non-routine problems
- Implement management and operational plans
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to resolve key construction challenges
- Flexibility to take on changing environments, sites and obstacles
- Interpersonal and communication skills for teamwork and collaborative tasks
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A pathway to further study in the civil construction field
- Civil construction site supervisor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design
- Diploma of Civil Construction Design
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is part time day course. You will need to attend approximately 1.8 hours of class, over 1 day a week, every 4 to 6 weeks for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6 hours of other study per week. Flexible study options available..
You may also be required to complete approximately 12.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including completing projects and video/photo evidence.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is designed for people who:
- Are currently working in a supervisory/leadership role or have been identified as potential supervisors and have access to the full range of work required to develop competencies in all aspects of the vocation as well as the full range of tools and equipment commonly used by skilled workers in that industry.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Online support/contact with teacher through google classroom.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 8.00am. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
- Students will be loaned a Google Chrome Book (tablet) which must be returned before any awards are released.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|RIIRIS401D||Apply site risk management system|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|BSBMGT401||Show leadership in the workplace|
|RIICWM401D||Supervise civil works|
|RIICWM402D||Supervise civil works contractors|
|RIIRIS301D||Apply risk management processes|
|RIICPL401D||Apply the principles for the installation of underground service using open excavation|
|RIICSG401D||Apply the principles of civil concrete structures construction|
|RIIMPO402D||Apply the principles of earthworks construction|
|RIIGOV401D||Apply, monitor and report on compliance systems|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
McLeod Road, Kurri Kurri
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21KUR-025 S:19 Jul 2021 E:24 Jun 2022 D:340