Course Start Date
Enquire Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision elevates your skills to work as a civil construction site supervisor. Learn to work in teams and supervise construction projects, as well as implement operational plans and apply site risk management systems.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Supervise civil works
- Lead and supervise others
- Ensure the quantity and quality of output
- Help devise technical solutions to non-routine problems
- Implement management and operational plans
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to resolve key construction challenges
- Flexibility to take on changing environments, sites and obstacles
- Interpersonal and communication skills for teamwork and collaborative tasks
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A pathway to further study in the civil construction field
- Civil construction site supervisor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design
- Diploma of Civil Construction Design
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This is a blended course. You will need to complete approximately 3 hours of study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 9 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including research, online learning material and workplace training.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Working in the civil construction industry and who are looking at expanding their knowledge and skills in this industry.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|BSBMGT401||Show leadership in the workplace|
|RIICWM401D||Supervise civil works|
|RIIRIS401D||Apply site risk management system|
|RIICPL401D||Apply the principles for the installation of underground service using open excavation|
|RIICSG401D||Apply the principles of civil concrete structures construction|
|RIIMPO402D||Apply the principles of earthworks construction|
|RIICWM402D||Supervise civil works contractors|
|RIIRIS301D||Apply risk management processes|
|RIIQUA401D||Apply a quality management system on site|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
National Environmental Centre
Ettamogah Road, Thurgoona
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure