Course Start Date
Enquire Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design gives you the essential theoretical and practical skills needed to step into the construction industry. Learn to apply a wide range of construction principles and begin your civil career in a range of roles.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Manage projects
- Apply design and construction details
- Learn and use the latest industry software
- Design, draft and build civil infrastructure projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- The ability to be adaptable to change, whether that be in design or on the construction site
- A willingness to work with new technology (Computer-Aided Design) or any new construction techniques
- The ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a larger design and construction team
- Problem-solving skills and persistence when challenges arise
- A creative yet methodical approach to their work
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Civil engineering designer
- Civil engineering draftsperson
- Civil engineering technician
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Civil Construction Design
- Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a blended course. You will need to complete approximately 6 hours of study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including research, online learning material and workplace training.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are a Trainee working in the civil construction industry and are looking at expanding your knowledge and skills in this industry.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|CPPSIS3015A||Collect spatial data|
|CPPSIS5032A-UNGRADED||Capture new spatial data|
|RIICWD530D||Prepare detailed design of surface drainage|
|RIICWD508D||Prepare detailed design of rural roads|
|MEM30012A||Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing engineering or related environment|
|MSL924003||Process and interpret data|
|MEM30033A||Use computer-aided design (CAD) to create and display 3-D models|
|MEM30005A||Calculate force systems within simple beam structures|
|CPPSIS5035A-UNGRADED||Obtain and validate spatial data|
|RIICWD507D||Prepare detailed geotechnical design|
|RIICWD501D||Prepare detailed design of foundations|
|MEM30031A||Operate computer-aided design (CAD) system to produce basic drawing elements|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
National Environmental Centre
Ettamogah Road, Thurgoona
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure