Course Start Date
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design gives you the essential theoretical and practical skills needed to step into the construction industry. Learn to apply a wide range of construction principles and begin your civil career in a range of roles.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Manage projects
- Apply design and construction details
- Learn and use the latest industry software
- Design, draft and build civil infrastructure projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- The ability to be adaptable to change, whether that be in design or on the construction site
- A willingness to work with new technology (Computer-Aided Design) or any new construction techniques
- The ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a larger design and construction team
- Problem-solving skills and persistence when challenges arise
- A creative yet methodical approach to their work
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Civil engineering designer
- Civil engineering draftsperson
- Civil engineering technician
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Civil Construction Design
- Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||4:00pm to 6:00pm||Ultimo Campus, Building G, entry via Thomas street, Level 6, Room G6.18|
This is a Flexible Face to Face course. You will need to attend approximately 7 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 2 years
You may also be required to complete approximately 3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Individuals as a whole will be from diverse backgrounds and represent a wide variety of age groups.
- Allowance is made for the needs of particular groups (e.g. people with disabilities, and people who may have literacy or numeracy difficulties, such as speakers of languages other than English).
- Individuals may have met some of the requirements through recognition of previous studies, work experience, life experience or a combination of them all.
- Individuals may be working full or part time in Industry and or other industries; while others may be studying to enter the industry.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Indicative cost of $200 to cover White card and Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE)
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|CPPSIS5035A-UNGRADED||Obtain and validate spatial data|
|RIIMPO402D||Apply the principles of earthworks construction|
|MEM30031A||Operate computer-aided design (CAD) system to produce basic drawing elements|
|CPPSIS5032A-UNGRADED||Capture new spatial data|
|MEM30033A||Use computer-aided design (CAD) to create and display 3-D models|
|MSL973022||Conduct laboratory-based acceptance tests for construction materials|
|MSL974026||Perform tests to determine the properties of construction materials|
|MSL975044||Perform complex tests to measure engineering properties of materials|
|RIICWD501D||Prepare detailed design of foundations|
|RIICWD504D||Prepare detailed design of environmental controls|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure