Course Start Date
12 Jul 2021
24 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics gives you a strong foundation that combines your love for make-up with customer experience. Learn in TAFE NSW beauty salons and graduate ready to work as a retail sales consultant in pharmacies, specialty make-up and department stores.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Design and apply make-up for a range of day or evening events
- Demonstrate the use and range of retail cosmetic products
- Recommend beauty products and services
- Understand the fundamentals of retail operations
- Sell skincare products and cosmetics
- Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- Produce engaging visual merchandising displays
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for the beauty industry
- Good communication skills
- A collaborative teamwork spirit
- Creative thinking and problem solving
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate II qualification
- A strong foundation to continue your studies
- Retail cosmetics assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Nail Technology
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Certificate III in Make-Up
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction (must have completed Diploma of Beauty Therapy, have a degree in nursing or be an enrolled nurse)
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a full-time, blended delivery course. You will need to attend approximately 12 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 12 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 1 hour of additional study each week outside of class hours, including self-directed learning reading, research and private study, assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have little or no experience working in a cosmetic/makeup environment and who would like to learn how to provide makeup services and sell retail cosmetics. You will develop skills in working as part of a team or on a freelance basis to be able to gain employment in beauty and hairdressing salons, retail outlets and department stores.
There are no formal Training Package entry requirements for this qualification.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00am to 3:30pm and Thursdays from 9.00am to 12:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Equipment / tools of trade and personal protective equipment (PPE) at an approximate cost of $580- $650.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBXIND002||Communicate as part of a salon team|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SIRXIND003||Organise personal work requirements|
|SIRRMER001||Produce visual merchandise displays|
|SHBXCCS004||Recommend products and services|
|SIRXSLS001||Sell to the retail customer|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SIRRINV001||Receive and handle retail stock|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
College Street, Liverpool
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure