Course Start Date
21 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Make your mark as a qualified beautician with the nationally accredited Certificate III in Beauty Services. You will learn a wide range of beauty disciplines including make-up, nails, waxing and brows and develop your ability to consult confidently with clients in a salon environment.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course-work, you will learn:
- Manicures and pedicures
- Lash and brow treatments
- Cosmetic tanning
- Design and apply make-up
- Salon services to clients
- Safe hygiene, health and work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities and skills needed to get ahead in this field:
- Communication skills to connect with clients
- Customer service, collaboration and consultation skills
- Problem solving strategies to meet client expectations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will equip you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate III qualification
- A strong foundation to kick start your beauty career
GROW YOUR CAREER
Work toward a specialisation:
- Certificate III in Nail Technology
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
Build on your beauty skills and knowledge:
- Certificate IV Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services)
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
The Australian beauty industry is worth billions of dollars and has experienced a decade of uninterrupted growth. Currently there is an identified skills shortage of qualified Beauty Therapists with the industry forecast to continue steady growth to 2023.
This is a Full Time Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 21 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 7 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including (Private study, assignment preparation,work experience and research).
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- The purpose of this qualification is to provide opportunities to individuals that are interested in developing their skills and knowledge, in preparation for their employment into a beauty service or related industry. This qualification complements the forecast growth in the personal care service industry to employ new workers that are job ready in a range of beauty services that include: nails, waxing, lash, brow, and basic make-up services.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- If you think you might need help with choosing, enrolling in or completing your course check out the TAFE Illawarra support-for-learners website. You will be able to complete self-assessment checklists, find specialist information and locate the contact details of staff to help with your individual needs.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
Further costs in addition to your student fees may be applicable for this qualification. These costs are to provide you with additional resources and/or Incidentals to support your learning:
- Uniform $115.00
The following Incidentals are available for purchase at your local campus reception, class co-ordinator or can you source this item yourself:
- Textbook ?Professional Beauty Therapy 2nd edition (Lorraine Lordmann)" - $125.00
- Make up Kit - $360.00
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Semester two starts July 2020. Enquire now to be notified when enrolments open.
To find out more information on this course including the next start date, submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page, or call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
*Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read your chosen course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee or Apprentice please call 131 601 for full details.
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBBNLS001||Provide manicure and pedicare services|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBBHRS001||Provide waxing services|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBSKS001||Pierce ear lobes|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Kirkham Street, Moss Vale
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure