Course Start Date
24 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Beauty Services prepares you for a career as a qualified beautician in a salon environment. Learn a wide range of practical skills and develop your ability to consult with clients both in a TAFE NSW beauty salon and as part of your work experience.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Perform waxing
- Do manicures and pedicures
- Apply lash and brow treatments
- Apply a cosmetic tan
- Apply and create make-up looks
- Provide salon services to clients
- Ensure safe and hygienic health and work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes that help you get ahead:
- Communication skills to connect with clients
- Customer service, collaboration and consultation skills
- Problem solving strategies to meet client expectations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate III qualification
- A strong foundation to kick start your beauty career
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your opportunities with these further study options:
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
Or learn a specialty with:
- Certificate III in Nail Technology
- Certificate III in Make-Up
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a full time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 20 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 14 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including online revision, private study, assignment preparation and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Students entering this course typically have good communication skills and like the personal service area. Students must be a caring person who:
- love working with people and helping them achieve their goals
- are patient and tactful
- have good communication skills and loves making people feel and look good
- are good at practical tasks and has good hand-eye coordination
- are a team player and hard working
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
The following services are available for students in this course:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support
- Multicultural Student Support
- Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Additional Support Services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled for Wednesday 9.00am to 3.30pm, Thursday and Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
The student will be required to purchase a kit for home study and practice at a total cost of $100 A list of items and supliers will be provided by the teacher.
A black beauty tunic is to be purchased by the beauty department $50.00.
Make-up Kit $350.00 (Optional)
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBBHRS001||Provide waxing services|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBBNLS001||Provide manicure and pedicare services|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBSKS001||Pierce ear lobes|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
70 Widderson Street, Port Macquarie
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure