Course Start Date
20.6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Make-Up qualifies you as a professional make-up artist. Learn advanced make-up and cosmetic techniques to create a range of looks and prime yourself for a boost to your freelance or retail career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course-work, you will learn to:
- Apply make-up and airbrushed make-up for a variety of different aesthetics and situations
- Collaborate with industry professionals in a production setting
- Use advanced application techniques
- Essential small business skills to start your own business
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities and skills needed to get ahead in this field:
- Communication skills to connect with your clients and other industry professionals
- Customer service, collaboration and consultation skills
- Problem-solving strategies to meet client expectations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course equips you with:
- Professional skills to work effectively as a freelance make-up artist or as part of a retail brand
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Freelance or retail make-up artist
- Retail cosmetic assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Add to your suite of beauty skills with continued study options.
Expand your skills base:
- Certificate III in Nail Technology
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
Rise to the top of your game:
- Certificate IV Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services)
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
Retail cosmetics assistants are in demand to service growing and ageing populations seeking healthy-ageing products with a growing demand for natural or certified organic ingredients.
This course will help you to launch yourself as a freelancer or prepare you to work in retail settings.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a full time course. You will need to attend approximately 20.6 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6.6 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7.0 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including online Revision, Private Study, Assignment Preparation, Elective Practice.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are seeking to find employment in the beauty/make up industry. This program will give students the skills to obtain employment provide a range of make up/beauty services including: lash and brow, tanning and make-up services.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- LLN Support is organised for learners who are identified through RU Ready screening as having LLN levels lower than the requirements of this qualification.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 5.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will be required to purchase
- Equipment/tools of trade
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- A tunic, which is required to participate in practical classes.
WH&S requirements for classes:
-You must wear closed in protective footwear and clothing that is clean and professional for the industry.
Information on kits and tunics are provided at our information session and in our orientation book. Please call us on 02 4780 7804 should you have any questions.
- TAFE NSW Hair & Beauty T-shirts are recommended and can be purchased at an approximate cost of $20.
Please note that any essential equipment and other items that the student has the choice of acquiring from the provider, or from another supplier other than the provider, that become the physical property of the student, are retained by the student on completion of training, and are not consumed during the training.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBMUP005||Apply airbrushed make-up|
|SHBBMUP006||Design and apply creative make-up|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products|
|SHBBMUP007||Work collaboratively on make-up productions|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Blue Mountains, Katoomba
Parke Street, Katoomba
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure